1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Living in the United States of America

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Purity Power, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Don't lower me to your level =)

2. Don't worry, I have no intentions of making you leave your smoke tower. I am happy with Mother Earth beneath my feet.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Well while we were destroyed ourselves, y’all didn’t even dare to help us. I know that 3rd countries have a leadership problem, but 1st class countries played a role in those disasters too.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Haha, you have the right to feel that way =)

5. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Let's not digress, shall we ?

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

7. They purposefully created the instability in order to get an excuse to enter and exploit the said country. And that's the opinion of multiple Americans who acknowledge that their government did shady stuff to get their way. Classic way of burning one house and then going under the guise of firefighters to rob it as well.

Deleted Account and jk243 like this.
  8. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

The classic way.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Why shan't we? Does exposing US as not a pure-white-heaven but a black & white entity hurt you? Too bad, facts are facts. Feelings don't matter.

Deleted Account and jk243 like this.
  10. I say come there is a reason many people immigrate here and as long as they fallow our laws and want to make a good life for them selves and contribute. please do come legal immigration generally it’s only fair

Purity Power and jk243 like this.
  11. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

No need to try stirring me up using silly projections which I don't care about, it's not about global corruption here but the quality of life with tips in the US, create another thread if you want.

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Every nation has its pros and cons. As a foreigner here I overall like it but there are definitely awful things here too. Politics and the sudden hard-on half these politicians have towards funding illegal immigrants over their own citizens is definitely at the top. But you have similar issues in Europe, except that immigration is legal.

They’re being destroyed by foreign interference. There is NO legitimate civil war going on in the Middle East currently. The Libyan War was started by NATO, the Syrian War has its roots in European gas pipelines, the Yemeni War has its roots in a BS power struggle between Saudi Arabia and Iran, etc.

Perhaps they’re “invading” because our nations are dropping endless bombs and drone strikes on them? Most people don’t want to leave the lands of their ancestors because they tend to cherish them.

Lol, I lived in MA for the past few months, and even for that short of time I can say it’s definitely racist here. But the racism I witnessed against minorities here is more soft bigotry in the name of “compassion” that ivory tower neoliberals tend to have, rather than actual hate that the USA had widespread issues with even decades ago. I don’t get why the leftist types here have to talk down to black people like they’re subhumans, whilst throwing social justice issues that occur in their majority-controlled cities while blaming everyone else for that racism. I’m not even black and it’s exhausting to hear.

13. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

I mean I know about the corruption going on in government and the army, but I just don't want to waste time blaming anyone, just gotta live my life for now.

14. I've been to my cousins in the Oregon State for one month. It's beautiful and i want to go and live in there! I do many interesting things like go kayak, swimming at the river and see many different places like it is an adventure. People are ok, but depends where you are. Where i was No obese people (but a lot of fast food), mostly of them care of their health and go gym. Honestly i'd rather to vive in Oregon/Washington state instead of where i am now, Switzerland, people here is closed minded and if you try to socialize with someone you don't know they take you for crazy. In United States i was able to socialize better and make friends, probably because they love strangers, my italian accent and english is weird but they didn't care.

recon117 and Purity Power like this.
  15. Pathofsuccess_1

Pathofsuccess_1 Fapstronaut

I can’t tell you if America is better than any other place because I’m from here and this standard of living is home for me. But what I can say is I love living in America!

lots of people from other countries I met say that it’s amazing and a blessing to be here.

I feel like the only people who hate it are Americans and are ungrateful for the freedom and rights they have. The opportunities. The equality. That they all take for granted.

Im from Vermont. I like my state. Wicked hot summers. Freezing cold winters. You don’t know what to expect here in terms of climate. I know this is less about the climate and geography and more about America.

This part of America (Vermont) is very nice. The people are nice. Not a lot of bad stuff happens. There is a lot of opportunities (and this like I was saying goes for anywhere in America).

The only bad thing really is that it is expensive to live here in Vermont (1750-2400 USD per month for an average 3 bedroom apartment) for renting in burlington, Vermont.

My Advice for foreigners wanting reside in America

Move to Florida.

super cheap housing (1100-1500 USD per month for a 3 bedroom HOUSE with a garage, a pool, patio, front/back yards, etc.)

nice weather year around

warm oceans

Etc.

Purity Power likes this.
  16. JustAVenezuelan

JustAVenezuelan Fapstronaut

@Pathofsuccess_1 based on my experience during a year in USA, Technically there are some states that is like live in a 3rd World country. USA isn't a better country (Norway, Iceland, Denmark are better than USA) but like a Latin american, it's a better option than Europe because the travel. For example, from Venezuela I arrived to Colombia and there go to Panama and make a Train to Mexico travelling Central America (and survive the maras) and choose if California or Texas, and there choose your state.
    There are some states where the see many people, even Europeans like "No-white". While in Latin-America I'm "White Venezuelan" or "Venezuelan from European Ancestry", in USA, some people called me "Light Brown" or "Moreno". Racism is a problem but not like some Left-Wing people in USA say.

Purity Power likes this.
  17. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Your experience living in America can vary depending on the location you’re in. Each state is almost like it’s own country... with their own traditions, cultural norms and even different accents.

Purity Power and jk243 like this.
  18. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Very cool, thanks for the info. I wonder if there's a documentary for the all the states, even Alaska. I would choose California, or Kansas, or Arizona, or Nevada idk lol

I know Louisiana is French (in history) also

But I'm not sure I'll even go someday, I had a friend or 2 who wanted to go to New York and such but the country isn't summed up by NY and LA

19. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Doc seven, who is a French YouTuber, made a 5 part docuseries about all states, you should check it out.

Purity Power likes this.
  20. JustAVenezuelan

JustAVenezuelan Fapstronaut

Do you like French Legacy? go to Louisiana
    Do yo like Spanish culture and his legacy? go to Southern States From Florida to California
    Do yo like English legacy? go to East Coast from Georgia to Maine. (I want to return Jamestown site)
    Do yo like German Culture? Go to Norwestern states like the both Dakotas

jk243 likes this.