1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

News resolution: to give up

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I've been going to the gym for... A few years now.

And you know how I look?
    I was described as having a typical 1970s body.
    Not fat, just skinny with not really any tone.
    Well, isn't that just fantastic.
    I've spent money on plans and supplements and all this protein and for what? To look pretty much exactly the fucken same when I started.
    As you all can tell I'm extremely tired and depressed and have had enough of spinning my tires.
    I lost my job.
    My investments tanked.
    My relationship is.... Barely hanging on.
    I'm just done with everything.
    Everything is literally falling apart.
    If it's going to all go to shit why should I care? Everything's gone or about to be gone.why should I be upset about it.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear this Waylare. I've had my ups and downs this year too. And more downs than ups.

It's great that you were able to have the self discipline to keep going to the gym for so long, despite lack of physical gains. Maybe it's time to start applying that self discipline to something else. Perhaps a more sociable sport might suit you better, help keep your fitness levels up while also being sociable and fun. Or maybe going running or climbing, out in nature - I find this stress relieving and makes me feel good in a way that the gym never did. I have been doing yoga for over a year and it suits me so much better than when I went to the gym. Not all guys are born to be beefcakes. And plenty of women prefer a 1970s body to a beefcake bod anyway (if that's what you are concerned about).

It's not always about reaching your goals but about what you learned along the way.

I am also entering 2020 with no job. It's scary and although I have good financial discipline (thankfully), realistically a big chunk of my savings will be gone before I am earning again.

Good luck with your relationship, it sounds like an area to focus on perhaps? Do you want it to hang on, are you committed to it?

3. Thanks for replying. I really am sorry to hear about your job. I sympathize with that. Losing a job, in my opinion, can be more stressful then losing a relationship. It really takes it out of you.
    I've been more calm the last few days...

The big thing is... I've let go of alot of things. Not sitting there grinding my teeth and telling myself to let go. But rather.. am ready to let them go. If you're not ready to let things go you never will. That's why will power is such a bitch. You either want to do something or you dont.

Chasing is a big that I've lost interest in. Whatever it is. It gets you no where

I went to the gym today lol. I like cardio. So I did that. It's amazing how a little downtime can wipe you out when you start over again.

4. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Sounds like you still have more left than me. I’d hold on to what you have and cherish it while you can! You won’t regret holding on to the good things! Also exercise is just healthy, who cares what you look like. It’s good you that you do it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Have you really been working hard? Or are you just trying to convince yourself you are putting the effort in when you are just half-assing it? Theres no reason not to be making progress in the gym. You are probably just convincing yourself that whatever your buying is going to help you and not actually putting work in to each rep of each set. This goes for everything else you mentioned.

6. Something is missing for sure. Either I'm not working hard enough or something's missing from my diet. I can't seem to pinpoint itb