1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ditching the PC

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by dwalk77, Jan 15, 2020.

1. dwalk77

dwalk77 Fapstronaut

I know this may sound a little extreme, but I'm considering ditching my personal computer because I'm so damned attached to the thing.
    Does anyone else have experience with this or have any thoughts on it?

It's sort of tricky b/c I use it for things other than entertainment too, but I've been thinking about it and....I don't use it for work, I'm not in school, and I'd say at least 90% of my time on it is used for entertainment. I'm thinking for those "computer things" I could either use my phone or go to a library.

I know that getting rid of my computer isn't going to solve my problems, but I also feel like it's a step in the right direction, and it could make change easier. I fully expect it to be a pain in the butt and inconvenient, especially at first, but if it helps me to change to a better person I think it'd be worth it.

yugowolf1991 likes this.
  2. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

I wouldn't entirely sell it or put it out with the trash. Perhaps you could disconnect all the cables and put it in a 'effort costly' place like the attic. I'm not sure if it's going to work for you. In my case, I'm also too attached to my PC, maybe I'll do the same thing. But I know myself. I will try something and give up after a bunch of weeks and reinstall the PC. Perhaps even out of sheer boredom.

I've been thinking about going outside more, but you know, it's winter time, cold, windy, grey, dark, and I wouldn't even know where to go to or what to do anyhow.

But yeah most of the necessary stuff you can do on your phone. Anyway I think you're on your way, good thinking, and good that you're taking steps to a better life.