1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for overcoming social awkwardness/introverted personality

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mkc26, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mkc26

Mkc26 New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, I was curious if someone could give me some feedback on how to be more outgoing/better at communicating with coworkers and getting over extreme social awkwardness. I’ve always had a introverted personality type and I realize that is not something I can just change but recently I started a corporate job after graduating college last year and it’s made me realize just how introverted and socially awkward I am. I feel like I have an extremely hard time to relating to my coworkers because we don’t share very many similar interests which makes me not ever know what to say in most situations. It seems I’ve been dubbed as the quiet guy on the team who does not really talk much. As you can imagine, in the business world this seems to be a negative attribute that is holding me back from getting people to like me. It’s not that I need everyone to like me, or to be friends with everyone I work with, it’s just something that I have realized about myself that I would like to work on. I’m guessing it has something to do with confidence in myself which is definitely something I need to work on as well but anyone have any advice or does anyone share similar situations such as this? Gonna stop typing now before I really ramble lol. Cheers

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Just realize no one really gives a fuck about what you say or who you are. Just say what you feel like saying. You will probably say some weird shit at first but over time you will start to say more normal stuff.

3. Teagualicious

Teagualicious Fapstronaut

You can honestly say almost anything, any no one will really care, just don't go in with a specific goal (like making a new friend, or getting a girl to like you.etc) just be social to be social. You may just be a little behind in social development, and that's fine, just keep going out and trying and learning from each interaction.
    I would recommend forcing yourself to go out once a week and be social with someone. (Coffee shop for an hour, record store.etc whatever your hobbies or interests are.)

selfimprovement8008 likes this.