1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello There: New in NoFap!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Hi, i'm new in this "challenge", never had done in 13/12 years, since i started at 12/13 age, so now i'm almost 26 and want to try not to let "me" to do it again.
    I'm at my 4th day of this(started on the last of January) but it's "hard" to keep going, sometimes i think "just once" would not be bad but never done it.
    I saw few people on the internet who were talking about their success and changes
    At te same time, now i have started to do some train in the morning at home and try to be more healthier and have a nice body.
    Any advice to keep going? For how much time to i have to keep my first NoFap?

Mirach likes this.
  2. Mirach

Mirach Fapstronaut

Hello @Dymangel, welcome to the community and congratulations on starting your streak!

First, here are some helpful links for you to get started in this community:

Getting Started Guide/ Forum Rules / How to Use the NoFap forums/ Glossary/ NoFap Panic button/ Set up your day counter/ Rebooting Resources/ About NoFap/ Support NoFap

Here is some advice:

1) An important step to take on this journey is to adapt our lifestyles for the better. You have taken an important step in focusing on becoming more healthier and this will make you feel happier and have longer streaks.

2) You should check out the forum topics to get familiar with the questions our members ask and you may find something of importance to you.

3) You can take advantage of your profile to post updates on how you are coping and if you need any encouragement. The profile posts section is quite active and you can help contribute to the community by providing support for others as well. Extra karma in the bank haha.

4) Create a public journal, in the appropriate section, and write about your struggles and accomplishments so the members of this community can follow your journey and provide you with their 2 cents.

Finally, good luck on your journey and give it your best. This journey is not an easy one and it will require you to see things in a new light.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Hombre

Hombre Fapstronaut

Hey man, good for you... I am also new in NoFap... I am at my first challenge (just entering day 8 now, but I am already feeling an improvement).
    I have seen some people really successful in the forums... maybe because I am 30 and I have been seeing the forum from 30-40 years old.
    Anyway, I had been trying to leave (or reduce) PM for a long time with a relative success but not with enough determination... mainly because I think it wasn´t such a big deal.. but after what I experienced (you can see my first post) and after reading the problems PMO addiction give to people here in NoFap I got really convinced that this was something I had to put more attention to.

I recomend you the same thing a more experienced NoFaP user recommended me: read the stories of people, unite to a forum and post "journaling" your situation and, when you are ready, reply to peoples posts (specially new people).

Also the last five years of my life I got into different disciplines that had help me a lot in life and that I found particularly usefull now that I am doing this challenge. This are: DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), Self-Psychoanalysis, Estoicism, Mindfulness, Meditation... one of the main ideas of all this is to learn to focus your mind in what you want it to focus... or in other words, don´t focus on PMO, because that only increases the cravings.... if the body wants PMO, give it another things to focus on (cold, exercise, etc) and it will decrease.

I think is great you are doing this, I wish I did it earlier in my life... don´t let your impulses dominate you!

Best wishes bro!

Deleted Account likes this.