1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kligor, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I have no shame to talk with people.i can talk even with strangers when we meet for first time and be witty and behave normal like everyday.But mostly when i need to go on job interview i feel tension and i start to stutter even on my previous job i stutter much.Is this social anxiety?

2. I am certainly no expert, but this does seem normal to me.

Leader of ME and Kligor like this.
  3. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Hi buddy and thank you for response.I agree most people feel tension when going to job interview,and have their anxiety/nervous moments.But i wasn't clear enough in my first post,i need to write more about this.I have noticed that when i feel nervous i start to stutter,when i m not nervous i speak fine and clear,and i m wondering does stuttering happens to me because of social anxiety?Have a nice day buddy!

4. I am no doctor, but i feel like social anxiety involves more than just that. But in the end, i think that it is unimportant how it is called and as what it may can be qualified. It is a problem you have and i understand that (and it would worry me too, especially if i was in a situation where i needed a new job).

I am sure that this highly affects you in this situations and that this is more than regular nervousness that anyone feels in a job interview. I am sure there are ways to lessen this nervousness. I wish i would know some. The only tip i have (if you even can call it a tip), is that you could tell them, that you get nervous in job interviews and may start to stutter because of that. This could give you some control of the situation. On top of that, i am sure they'd understand the situation more.

Kligor likes this.
  5. don'tlookbackinanger

don'tlookbackinanger Fapstronaut

the best way to become a talker is to sit with talkers.

make friends with a group that has a LOT to talk about. listen to talkative people more attentively and you'll be talking more than two gossiping girls

Leader of ME likes this.