1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your life is an occasion; rise to it.

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by marise0705, May 8, 2015.

1. marise0705

marise0705 Fapstronaut

So I've decided to have my own version of reboot as Ghengis does his, except mine is a healthy eating lifestyle. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Paleolithic lifestyle (Paleo for short), but in a nutshell it's a version of "clean eating." One's diet consists of lean meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, and some starches; dairy, legumes, anything refined or process (think breads, pastas, any junky foods) are out!

Because of this new journey between Ghengis and me, I realize I also would like to purge things that don't benefit me or seem to be holding me back. I have a lot of allergies -- to quote a physician I once saw, "You're allergic to everything, I'm surprised you're alive! (insert laugh here)." Well then, thank you...? So in the spirit of rebooting, I've decided to insert my own counter :) I may not have a P addiction, but I'm fairly certain I'm addicted to sugar (you think I'm kidding...I'm not).

This is an extremely short and rather random entry, I might compose another later, but in the meantime it feels good to jot down some thoughts.

Quote for today: "Your past has given you the strength and wisdom you have today, so celebrate it. Don't let it haunt you."

2. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

My sister follows a paleo diet! I am mostly vegan and wheat free so the diets can overlap a bit in terms of recipes. My sister makes a lot of nice desserts with coconut and almond flour for example. Yum! I was also addicted to sugar (who isn't!) and it is in everything. My kids are also allergic to whey and soy...not to mention picky as HELL so fun times with dinner planning in my house!

Anyway you will probably find your allergies getting better when you eat cleaner :)

3. The Eleven

The Eleven Fapstronaut

This is great, Marise. Taking this opportunity to improve yourself is just brilliant. Good luck to you!

4. marise0705

marise0705 Fapstronaut

@Limeaid , that's awesome! I agree, that paleo and vegan can definitely exchange some tasty recipes! I've been experimenting, and made my first batch of sweet potato brownies. They were a bit soft and not as chocolatey -- I think I'll have to add less almond milk and might up the chocolate protein powder (I love me some whey protein! Haha). I'm sure mealtimes at your place is exciting and fun! ;)

@The Eleven , thank you, friend! I am not a fan of being stagnant and what better way to be supportive than to undergo my own reboot and life transformation? Cheers! :)

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  5. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

Im not paleombut going on no sugar is a bit tough. I Find that the natural flavors of fruit get me going. I love dried fruit especially, but as i go along i crave even natural sugars less and less. Dropping the sugar is a good thing... Keep it up, and good luck to you and G on the nofap journey