1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. “If you lose credibility by just admitting fault, then you didn’t have any in the first place.”

2. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

3. “War brings death. And wounds and pain to both sides. There’s nothing harder to accept, than the deaths of those you love. So you believe they could never die. Especially those who haven’t known war.” – Nagato

4. One Eyed Owl

It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines, it’ll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something…. That there’s some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.

fg4795 and Coffee Candy like this.
  5. “You’re wrong, that’s not what makes a shinobi. You never did get it, a real ninja is one who endures no matter what gets thrown at him… Let me explain something to you, there is only one thing that matters if you are a shinobi, and it isn’t the number of jutsu you possess. All you do need, is the guts to never give up.”

6. One Eyed Owl

Even if you can forget the past, you can't erase the past.

7. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

Richard Feynman
    American ‍Physicist

redemption7 and fg4795 like this.
  8. “There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us… you blinked.”

Coffee Candy and redemption7 like this.
  9. One Eyed Owl

The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried.

10. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

If something is bound to happen, it will happen.
    Right time, right person and for the best reason.

eevahnits and redemption7 like this.
  11. When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age, they would say we can become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?

Coffee Candy and One Eyed Owl like this.
  12. One Eyed Owl

The worst feeling is not being lonely, it's being forgotten by someone you could never forget.

13. Teddy Daniels: Yeah, we are, aren’t we. You know, this place makes me wonder.
    Dr. Lester Sheehan: Yeah. What’s that, boss?
    Teddy Daniels: Which would be worse, to live as a monster, or to die as a good man?

14. One Eyed Owl

Sooner or later, there'll be something that you gotta do whether you like it or not.

amaranth, Deleted Account and fg4795 like this.
  15. Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.

16. Thinking you're attractive but having a lot of insecurities is like having a crush on yourself but not knowing if you like yourself back

Coffee Candy and amaranth like this.
  17. “After many years of self-flagellation, I’ve realized that beating myself up doesn’t get me anywhere”

18. One Eyed Owl

How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back. There are some hurts that go too deep that have taken hold.

Coffee Candy and amaranth like this.
  19. ''God is watching me, God don't praise me because I beat Joe Frazier, God don't give nothing about Joe Frazier, God don't care nothing about England or America as far as real wealth...it's all His, He wants to know how do we treat each other ? How do we help each other ?'' Ali

fg4795 likes this.
  20. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."