Starting a new journey of my life at 31 yrs old

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by blindjustice, Apr 26, 2020.

1. blindjustice

blindjustice Fapstronaut

Hi All,

I am addicted to PMO from when I was a teen when the internet became ubiquitous. I have tried to overcome this many times on my own but without success. When the internet is not available I would read erotic stories or novels, something to satisfy the urge. I have been masturbating almost daily most of the time in prone position so I am seeing all the symptoms (PIED, no sex drive for real people, like fantasy more than reality, less energy etc). This has also ruined some relationships. Today I have decided that this is enough and I can't go on like this. So after searching the internet, I found this community and decided to join today.

Please wish me luck and help me on this journey. This is a wonderful community and I wish I had seen this earlier in life. Let's help each other to succeed in life!

2. | Nico |

| Nico | Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hello and welcome to nofap :) best of luck on your journey, anything we can assist you with let us know.

3. blindjustice

blindjustice Fapstronaut

How do I join the super saiyan challenge? I like anime and manga a lot. I posted reply in that thread !!

4. | Nico |

| Nico | Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thats fine, Invincible Under The Sun will add your name to the list when he sees your comment, in the meantime you can put this under your signature.
    (悟) Low-Class Warrior ▬ Training in the ► SUPER SAIYAN CHALLENGE

5. Dentalman

Dentalman Fapstronaut

Everything you mentioned was me. Been masturbating since I was a teen. Huge PIED here. Failed relationships, erotic stories whenever internet wasn’t available, etc. Good luck in your journey. I joined yesterday. By the end of the day. It will be day one for me. One thing that helps is reading stories on here and supporting one another. You can do this man. I support you. We all support you.

blindjustice likes this.
  6. blindjustice

blindjustice Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot!! I think I will start a journal so that I can keep track of what I do and feel every day. It will be tough with work and everything but I saw people with families do it in the reboot log section, so I think I can dedicate 10 mins daily for this.

Dentalman likes this.
  7. Dentalman

Dentalman Fapstronaut

That’s awesome bro and if you ever need some support. Message me anytime. Weird but I find this site to help me get through it. Knowing there are others like me definitely helps

blindjustice likes this.
  8. Hey, welcome to the NoFap community
    : )

It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!
    First let me go ahead and drop some helpful links for you:
    Getting Started Guide / Forum Rules / How to Use the NoFap forums/ Glossary/ NoFap Panic button/
    Set up your day counter /
    Rebooting Resources/
    Accountability groups (new!)/
    About NoFap/ Support NoFap

Here is just some advice:
    First and foremost please take a careful look at each section in the forum, there may be something(s) you will find to be of big help to you.

Secondly I advise you to be active on your profile(as there a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then begin posting frequent status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement.
    The forum has got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see.
    People will find your profile and give you support.

There’s a portion of people who love communicating in the profile section..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive conversations. It would be great to have you join in and become part of the team!
    We support others in the threads, profile posts, and journals/reboot logs.
    Once you receive some support, please be sure and be grateful to the member for the help/support you received and consider giving some in return to anyone you wish.

Thirdly, you should highly consider creating a public journal/reboot log (in the appropriate sectionfor you) to write about your days in depth for us members to follow along on your journey and offer support to you on.

Please start your journal in the correct section and with that, also try your best to post in the correct sections as it is mandatory and would be helpful to the mods who organize the forum. : )

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

blindjustice likes this.
  9. blindjustice

blindjustice Fapstronaut

I had an erotic dream last night and I relapsed. I have to set the counter back to 0.