1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Which watch(es) are you wearing?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Submariner, May 4, 2020.

Do you own a watch?

Poll closed May 11, 2020.
  1. No, I just use my phone or clock boomer

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Yes, I own multiple watches

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Wristwatches are quite often called 'mens essentials'. Althought I don't believe in the timekeeping value of a watch in 2020 with all the phones and digital clocks around, watches are one of my biggest hobby's.

Which watch(es) do you proudly own and wear? You may post a picture. I would love to talk about it with you guys :) It is not about the value, but about the feeling.

I have a few, varieting from a Casio, Seiko, Apple Watch and Rolex (the inspiration for my username).

Currently I'm waiting for this one to arrive. Pretty sweet for 20$.

[​IMG]

2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

No watch ha! You did not expect that huh!

dogeatdog and Submariner like this.
  3. The guy with the watch avatar likes watches? I never would have guessed!

I don't own one, so I can't really do much for this discussion. I think these days they are more fashion statements than anything else. Being a minimalist, I wear gym clothes everywhere I go and no accessories.

4. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

To be honest, I did :rolleyes:

Never wanted a FitBit or some kind of accessory in that case? Would't buy them myself to be honest, but it's a nice gift for Christmas or something.

dogeatdog and ItsSeal like this.
  5. For myself, I'd be more inclined to buy video games or more instruments. As far as other people go - I don't know any other people and my parents wouldn't want that kind of thing.

6. I've got a Casio Telememo.

I don't wear a watch every day but they are handy sometimes. You don't have to keep digging your phone out of your pocket to check the time.

7. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Great sporty choice!

dogeatdog and diaspar like this.
  8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Excuse me... what is a clock boomer?

And I don't own a watch, I use my mobile.

9. He means "a clock, boomer". Boomer as in Baby Boomer:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers

I actually don't give a damn about those terms for different generations though. They're a joke really.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, stupid demographics.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

dogeatdog and diaspar like this.
  11. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

G shock mudmaster
    199 USD

dogeatdog likes this.
  12. I thought they were just good old plain comfortable and had nothing to do with any trends like minimalism or anything else.

Deleted Account and dogeatdog like this.
  13. I didn't know minimalism was a trend. If it is, I will correct myself. I wear clothes for utility and not for fashion.

dogeatdog likes this.
  14. :oops: I didn't mean that. :D

Deleted Account and dogeatdog like this.
  15. c0rruptedbrain

c0rruptedbrain Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Casio GW-7900

Bought this in 2010 and still wearing it baby. It's solar powered so no battery replacements. Strap is pretty sturdy too, only changed it once last summer.

Idk man I'm a sucker digital watches, analogs seem to bland, they lack functionality and for me it's more important than looks. But I love the way this watch looks :)

I have several but this one is my fav. I used to have a Nike Triax Stramina.

[​IMG]

Man I loved this one too, it was amaazzing. I mean just look at it, it's simple and elegant. I can dare to say a timeless design, I mean you can wear it in 3054 and I bet it wouldn't look out of place.

When someone in front of you asked the time you could just flip your wrist and they could read it without tilting their heads. I know its a small thing but for me it was a nice design feature.

Only shitty thing about this watch was the strap. It wouldn't last long and it wasn't replaceable :/ I miss it this one.

16. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Both are very cool. The Casio is the perfect everyday watch and the Nike is so different in a positive way duo to the shape. I normally don’t like fashion brand watches, but this one rocks!

dogeatdog likes this.
  17. c0rruptedbrain

c0rruptedbrain Fapstronaut

Ikr. I forgot to write, the screen part was quite thin and it was curved so the whole watch wrapped the wrist perfectly. Wish they still made it, would have bought one in a heart beat.

Submariner and dogeatdog like this.
  18. It's a fastrack watch with grey/silver chain and stuff.

Submariner and dogeatdog like this.
  19. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

I wear the watch to school mostly everyday because they want us to dress smart, and I generally like the feeling of having a watch on because I feel posh as hell haha. I also wear the watch to formal events like school ceremonies and whatnot. I don't exactly know the name, but it's a sleek rose gold Guess watch with a leather strap. Compared to metal straps, leather straps are smoother and more comfortable in my opinion.

20. SequinHistory

SequinHistory Fapstronaut

I wear a watch everyday and my favourite is this.
    upload_2020-5-28_14-25-10.jpeg
    The clasp broke on it recently and with the lockdown I haven’t been able to get it fixed. :(

Submariner and Deleted Account like this.