How did you keep yourself busy in a flatline?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Falador Massacre, May 17, 2020.

1. Falador Massacre

Falador Massacre Fapstronaut

I'm in a flatline right now and I don't really have much energy or motivation to do anything... I want to do something productive but I can't find the energy or motivation for it. What did you guys do to keep yourself busy on days like mine?

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I don't believe in keeping yourself busy in an unqualified way, but even when I'm not working (on the weekends) I stick to a schedule of certain basic things. It's more about timing than being busy, walk 3-4 times a day, eat at set times, sleep etc. I read, not always with that much interest but I have a day of the week where I get through a book if it's around 300 pages.

It may sound kind of boring but before you can work on improvement there's just a baseline of maintenance, from the way some people write on here I wonder if they have a standard of maintenance at all.

Falador Massacre likes this.
  3. Falador Massacre

I really like the things you pointed out, I don't really have much of a baseline of maintenance nor a schedule of basic things so I'll go ahead and work on that first. You're definitely right on everything you've said, thank you! :)

4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

yeah man it's about stabilization. Even when you do fitness training that's the first step, you may have small loads but you do it more frequently. People talking about reboot on here sometimes sound like they want to jump into power lifting right away and that's just not realistic.

5. Falador Massacre

Yes! I actually went to the gym 5 times a week, I love bodybuilding and working on my physique but because of corona my gym has been closed for over 2 months now and it made me lose the habit of basic routines and stuff because I'm just sitting inside now doing absolutely nothing, I don't have a job either so I'm just at home all day lol.

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Well for you though since you have experience working out maybe look into body weight exercises?

Falador Massacre likes this.
  7. I keep hearing all this stuff about flatline but I'm not sure if I've ever experienced it. Weird. The advice I always give is to do one thing you're proud of each day, and that will reinforce a positive mindset which will hopefully motivate you.

@Falador Massacre BTW, I don't want to be a buzzkill but your profile picture is kind of a trigger for me because I have a fetish for girls' mouths. I know it's silly. Apologies.