1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Improvement, things that you've added to your routine that changed your life for the better

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Neil Von Schafft, May 31, 2015.

1. I'm creating this thread because during the last 90 days I picked up new habits: talking cold showers, practising meditation etc. Those habits are now part of my daily routine, part of my life and I'm thinking I wish someone had told me about these years ago. In this thread I'd like people to share new habits that they've picked up during nofap. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything else, you see! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  2. Selkiedance

Selkiedance Fapstronaut

Cool thread idea. My new habit is to do a clearing meditation every morning and evening along with my usual Tai Chi practise (Tai Chi has proved such a blessing for me). I learnt the new meditation recently from a Buddhist lady and it involves focusing on No Fear, Generosity, Stability, Single -pointed concentration and 'All is well' . I've not been doing it long but the effects feel quite instantaneous, which I hope will help me to stick to it as to be honest I've not been very consistent about sitting meditation up till now, I find I keep up movement meditations more regularly, but feel determined to be disciplined about this new one.

3. Ashish_evolution

Ashish_evolution Fapstronaut

Hi
    I have been looking for such a thread ..
    Great
    Yesterday only I discovered this website but have been doing 2 HrS meditation for last 1 month ..
    The effect was that unknowingly nofap was part of my day ..
    But now it organised and I am more COMMITTED..
    And one else feeling more strong about the nofap commitment after
    Meditation ..
    Plz share ..
    I am flowing vipassana meditation..

4. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

It's an excellent idea and I think this should be integral to recovery from any addiction. Building habits, defining our identity, making progress in life, that's where fulfilment comes from. It was precisely because we didn't have that fulfilment that we fell into addiction in the first place.

Furthermore, it is crucial that these habits and rituals have progress. I see people starting a habit, and saying they'll do it for a year (or any fixed amount of time). That defeats its purpose. Once that activity has consolidated itself as a ritual in our lives, we must define that as a baseline. RAISE THE STANDARD. Keep improving. Consistency followed by progress. That sounds like a beautiful life to me.

This applies to any activity we undertake in life.

That's my philosophy.

DS.