Obsession of a co worker

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by clapbakc, May 16, 2020.

1. clapbakc

clapbakc Fapstronaut

So I’ve been in this job a while now and I’ve grown close to a particular person, we speak everyday and even after work over text but recently grown jealous of the people this person speaks to and I constantly check up on said person I’m nervous, whenever I’m around this co worker and get anxious when I check if they’ve read my text.
    im currently 60 days in on nofap but scared I’m becoming obsessed over this person

2. Remember when you put someone on a pedestal they have no option but to look down on you. It's good you're aware of it, make the neccessary changes to avoid being obsessed over that person.

3. Well said

4. Try to think of something you don't like about them. That usually helps me, although I've never really had this kind of obsession with a real person. I've had them with celebrities, though. It helps me to think about aspects of their personality or values or beliefs that I disagree with or wouldn't want to have in a partner.

Not to make me dislike them, but just to shatter that perception of them being perfect or something. Then I'm able to have a more healthy level of appreciation and attraction toward them, without it becoming unhealthy and obsessive.

I don't know if that will work for you, but it's a thought.

clapbakc likes this.
  5. I'd say to avoid feeling jealous all the time, you have to respect their time and who they talk to, which will hopefully help you to see them as just another person. You'll still have to do this when you get together with someone, accept they will interact with others besides you.

sfmark12 and clapbakc like this.
  6. clapbakc

clapbakc Fapstronaut

So a little update I’ve learnt to not get jealous I surprised myself when I wasn’t bothered about another person flirting with her

I’ve also chilled out a lot more, I don’t text as much, and when I do talk to her It’s just flirting and making her laugh and the occasional deep convo I’m no longer obsessed in my own way or already slowly getting there

7. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Exercize your options with other persons, even with some apps. Or just realize that it's a wonderful stroke of luck not to get along with some people...even though it seems enticing, rat's poison is only less than 1% in healthy food. Don't fall for that "Fear Of Missing Out" FOMO type of nonsense, 60 days is amazing, keep on, stay encouraged man !