1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Make Positive Changes Stick?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by n7elite30, Jul 24, 2020.

1. n7elite30

n7elite30 Fapstronaut

I guess the title already covers most of what I want to ask. Basically, I feel really good about myself today. More than I have in a long time. I think I finally have a solid, positive outlook on life and see myself as the unique person that I really am. However, I have had "epiphanies" like this before and they never seem to last longer than a few days or a week at most. If I could bottle these thoughts up and save them, I could. Or plant them like seeds and let them grow. Problem is, I'm not really sure how...

For those of you that struggled with overthinking, self-loathing, or just warped and unhealthy mindsets and have had success against them, what has helped you make it stick instead of just fading away until you feel low and have to come back out of it again?

amaranth likes this.
  2. Pigwaran

Pigwaran Fapstronaut

Everyone else feels like this. Even the best and most successful men. It's completely normal, and you just have to understand and accept it. Think like there is nothing wrong with feeling bad, and know that it will pass eventually.

n7elite30 and amaranth like this.
  3. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

Making peace with the ebbs and flows of life would be a wise approach.
    But it could also be helpful to retain a mindset that is willing to challenge inner negativity, especially when the latter is claiming more space than a reasonable balance would suggest.

(Can't say I've solved your question, myself, tbh.)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    n7elite30 likes this.
  4. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Are you speaking about self-esteem, self-confidence, etc? One of the helpful things for me was good friends who believed in me and told me that.
    I still have up and lows. I mean, If I fail in something I might lose part of my self-confidence for a short while. But having someone who is honest, outspoken and admirable believed in me, always help making this negative feelings go away.

(Not that I am very confident now! But that thing was really helpful.)

5. n7elite30

n7elite30 Fapstronaut

Yeah I’m talking about loving yourself and continuing to love yourself. I agree friends help but I’ve also reached points so low where I would discount any compliments I got as my friends “just being nice.” I do plan hanging with my friends once I move back to where they are and I feel like my new outlook on life will help me stay positive about it!