1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girl I was dating left me

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by echo1, Jun 23, 2015.

1. echo1

echo1 Fapstronaut

Hey nofap community, I think this is a supportive community so I thought I'd share a recent story of mine. A couple months ago I met this girl from my school, we started talking and I found out she liked me, was willing to have sex with me and wanted to hang out. So we hung out and it was fun, we saw a movie and it was a pretty good night. Then about 2 weeks later we went on out legit date. We went to see insidious and were feeling each other up most of the time till i got blue balled, and then we kissed. It was a great night, the sexual stuff aside I really enjoyed just being there with her and feeling like someone really cared to have me around. Keep in mind at this point she was saying how she was in this for the long run and what not. She was eager to have sex which kinda was a red flag. I'm a christian and a virgin and losing my virginity to a girl I just met didn't feel right. I told her I thought it would be better if we waited till we loved each other, and she agreed. About a week after that date, which she and I both agreed was great, we hadn't talked much and our plans to go out again fell through. I just got the feeling she might not be into me anymore, so I asked her if she still liked me. She said "I think Im starting to like you more as a friend". That happened 3 days ago and i'm still confused, sad, and frustrated. She really made it seem as though she really liked me and everything was going great. I didn't say anything different or act any different, but within a week of our great night out, she no longer liked me. Last thursday night before me and her were go out I relapsed, I was going on a week or two. So anyways, sorry this was so long. I'm still pretty torn up over the whole thing as I thought we'd date for a while, I was really expecting us to have a solid future through the rest of high school (we are both seniors now, 16/17yo). The night she told me I didnt sleep, I went and worked out and never fell asleep. If your still reading you deserve a medal, please help me out here guys, I could use some advice/consoling. Thankss

2. Good job, bro. You didn't compromise on your morals in order to people please. Just think of it this way. If you had sex with her and she did this, you would feel even more like shit. Not to mention filled with regret.

She did you a favor. You should thank her in your heart and press on forward.

aakkss and Limeaid like this.
  3. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Well she is showing you her true colors so lucky for you it was before you got too deep into a relationship with her. She wanted a sexual relationship and you didn't so that is that. I commend you for sticking to your feelings and doing what felt right to you.

4. echo1

echo1 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the input, part of me is curious as to why she ended things, I almost want to ask but at the same time feel like the answer might make things worse. I was pretty torn, one side of me said f*ck it, god's kinda left me hanging lately, and lifes lonely, and shes insanely attractive, this could be great. The other side said wait till marriage, this ain't right, and after we started to have sex i'd prolly get messed up in the head over the whole thing. In the end I think I didn't want it to end, i also talked her up a lot to try an make sure she'd stay. It was more to fill the void than actually liking who she was, Just a though. All in All I kinda wish it had played out differently. She did say she just kinda got caught up with her emotions and then had a reality check and I guess I didn't fit in the picture. It's rough, she really made me believe we had something. Again, thanks for the help guys

5. bean

bean Fapstronaut

Hebrews 11:13-16. Look it up. I think it will give you comfort. I think you also said it yourself; you were just trying to fill the void. Ask yourself what you truly wish to/need to fill that void. Then find a person that fits your needs, or fill the void yourself.

Kudos to you for persevering in faith; I wish I had the discipline you did when I was your age.

6. echo1

echo1 Fapstronaut

Don't praise me too much man, I can honestly say that if we had gotten the chance to be together alone and had we stayed together, we probably would have had sex. That's what made me wonder if God split us up, might sound far fetched to some but my cousin prayed about a girl he was talking to and she just stopped talking to him, not sure if they would've had a sinful relationship but God wasn't having any of that lol. I do want to find someone, but I can feel in my heart that I haven't met her yet, and I feel as though I kinda have an idea when I might meet her. Once I have the money, I plan to move from the east coast to west, I want to drive it so I can see the states. I bet my girls somewhere in one of those states

7. chris4nj

chris4nj Fapstronaut

Alex -
    I recommend you consider more of what bean pointed to - what is the void you are looking to fill? I have a few years on you and my experience is that nothing outside of yourself will fill that void. The things outside of ourselves may be a distraction for a period (days, weeks, months, possibly years), but will never really fill the void.

I know it can be tough and confusing some times

One thing I would also add - what she did has very little, if anything, to do with you. She was doing her thing - you were just the circumstance. People will do what they do - all based on their own background and their own journey.

And, you're young! It may not feel like it, however you have a lot of life in front of you! My suggestion is don't try to find "the one" - at least not for a few years...

echo1 likes this.
  8. echo1

echo1 Fapstronaut

I'm not searching for the one, but I don't want to waste my time/heartbreak? I'm looking kinda for the middle. The void I have I think is loneliness, I'm not really sure but having her in my life I didn't feel that emptiness, the loneliness that followed me around. Honestly though I'm not sure what to think

9. She just wanted someone to have sex with, and since you didn't have sex with her (for whatever reasons) she moved on. You dodged a bullet in my opinion. No girl is worth giving up your morals, I wish I'd knew that earlier.
    May I suggest hanging out with girls who share the same ideology as you? Join a church with a lot of young gals. There are more women there than men, I'm sure you can find someone who you like there. Good luck bro!

10. perusan

perusan Fapstronaut

I'm afraid I don't agree with some others that have replied to you, @Alex Smith. I don't believe you dodged a bullet or that she was showing her true colours. And I think you know that. You know you gave out some pretty mixed messages during your time together. You started the relationship with the knowledge that she would sleep with you. But you didn't tell her then about your religious commitment. You fooled around at the cinema where you both got excited, but again, you entered into that knowing you had a religious commitment to your virginity. That sends out some confused messages. And then a long time passed after the first date where you didn't really do much together. Would it be fair to say that the cause of that was on both sides? Did you make repeated attempts to see her again and got turned down - or did things just drift a while? That is another mixed message. Not only to her but to yourself too.

You just weren't right for each other. Yes there was some attraction and you had a good time, but that isn't the basis of a relationship. It's not your fault. It's not her fault. It's not God splitting you up or leaving you hanging. It is just an experience to learn from. You need more than attraction for a relationship. And one day you will find it. Be respectful of the girl you are with, don't objectify her or see her simply as a sexual outlet. Be respectful of yourself - be honest about your feelings and motivations and be honest with others.

But most of all, relax. Life is long and has plenty in store for all of us - including you. I would say you are doing alright :)

11. echo1

echo1 Fapstronaut

Well, I guess I should add a few things. Neither of us went in to the movie thinking that stuff was going to happen. I don't think I gave out any mixed messages, I told her I wanted a real relationship and not some summer thing, she agreed and said the same thing. Also I didn't go into the relationship knowing she'd sleep with me, over time she and I kinda just said it. I told her that imo if two people really loved each other than they should have sex, which I kinda broke my own rule and told her F it. I said if she wanted to than we would, we were both on the same page etc. She said she wanted to with me because she trusted me and what not. Anyways this might clear some confusion. Oh and yes, the night after the movie we agreed we should do it again, we were going to hang out at each others house/see a movie within the next few days. To be honest I still kinda like her, and am really sexually attracted to her. I'm not sure what to do going forward between her and I

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015