1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else with INFJ personality type?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Mar 2, 2020.

1. I dont think being an INFJ is set in stone. Everyone is born with a split personality. With a traumatic childhood you can be splitted between several " alters". For most people the personality come together as they grow up. Some people never change but I believe some also can change from say an INFJ to an INTP later on. Say if you read a lot of self help books, socialize a lot and even become famous. Mahbe you even become an extrovert.

tring likes this.
  2. THE BLUE FRIEND

THE BLUE FRIEND New Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm an INFJ-T too.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  3. swollBadger

swollBadger Fapstronaut

I tend to always get INTP, yeeup...

4. swollBadger

swollBadger Fapstronaut

Yeah, I really abhor small talk, have to do all I can just to bear it. I tend to always get INTP.

I personally think that intuitive personality types tend to feel loneliness pretty strongly. At least I do. Even though I'm not talking to everyone I meet nor super "outgoing", having friends in my life who I don't need make small talk with and can just get into the interesting/deep stuff is very important. So when it's not there, it sucks...really bad, because there's so much I want to share and talk about, but nobody to do it with :( Not fun. I'd rather have 1 or two really good friends, who are emotionally mature enough to not feel "awkward" talking about things of substance and depth, then 5 or ten who are just surface level friends.

5. swollBadger

swollBadger Fapstronaut

Wow, that's cool!

6. iamjim

iamjim Fapstronaut

Hello, I am an INFJ too. I can understand what you said. I tried to enagage my girlfriend in deep talk about stuff but she will lose interest after like 2 minutes. Anyway, although I am an introvert according to this test, recently I found out that there is an inner voice inside me that wants to speak out, and speak to lots of people. Like giving a speech. I am still trying to understand what this voice wants me to say and trying to articulate it. I am wondering, does this happen to you?

7. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I'm an INFP. I spent quite some time learning about mbti and the cognitive functions etc.. I personally wouldn't take the typing too seriously. You can't put people in 16 different boxes and then expect to learn how they function. It's a nice and fun tool and it can help you learn a lot about yourself.

But too be honest, most people who type themselves as INFJ I wouldn't consider INFJs. It's the rarest type out there and people enjoy to have that title in the sense that they feel special.

If somebody wants to type themselves, it's best to learn the cognitive functions rather than typing by test. On my first test I got INFJ, but I fit the INFP the most.

8. iamjim

iamjim Fapstronaut

Hello, I am an INFJ too. I can understand what you said. I tried to enagage my girlfriend in deep talk about stuff but she will lose interest after like 2 minutes. Anyway, although I am an introvert according to this test, recently I found out that there is an inner voice inside me that wants to speak out, and speak to lots of people. Like giving a speech. I am still trying to understand what this voice wants me to say and trying to articulate it. I am wondering, does this happen to you?

9. It might be possible that Nofap is a typical place for INFJs to show up. INFJs would feel that something isnt right and intuitively figure out that Nofap is the way to go. INFJs and INFPs are all strongly focused on self improvement. While INFPs often have a wild heart and go off stray somewhere on the way due to emotions overtaking logic, INFJs are often more dedicated ( Not in a negative sense.) It is just that INFJs use their thinking-emotion ability instead of relying on emotions alone.

Just a theory of mine but it would make completely sense to find a large number of "true" INFJs on a site like Nofap. INFJs are very introverted but even though we like to daydream and be in our own minds a lot, we dont let all that thinking go to waste.

We use that energy to improve ourselves and ultimately the world.

tring likes this.
  10. I cant judge based on that short text you provided of course but if it was me and I couldn't deep talk with my girlfriend then I would probably question the entire relationship. I always question my relationships anyways. When I meet a person I can sort of see how the entire relationship is going to unfold and how it is going to end due to that and that in about 6 years. It is quite scary to see the world that way. To be so good at "seeing" into the future.

I suspect my girlfriend is also an INFJ. I have never been with anyone before. Not seriously. But this girl seems like 1 out of 100. She is attractive and all of that. The reason I even approached her. But I soon figured out she liked it quiet most of the time.

She was observing everyone from a distance. Stuck away in the corner of the room, watching people and making pretty drawings. I half expected her to be a weirdo when I first saw her but I could see that she was confident and content with being alone.

We started to talk and the conversation immediately went into something like: If you where the last person on earth, what would you most like to do? We could talk for hours about topics like that. And we both have a pretty different sense of humor. Most people outside of that INFJ bubble cant understand what we are even talking about because we connect everything like a giant spider web.

In conversation it may seem like we are randomly jumping from one topic to another but it is incredible when someone can actually tune in to that. It is pure creativity. Conversations can go into random and unexplored places. She even asked me what I would do if we swapped bodies for a day. A normal person would call her crazy and run away but it was an interesting topic.

11. I didnt even answer your question fully in my previous post. My answer is yes, it does happen to me. I would probably call it your vision. Since INFJs have a large imagination and are often thinking about the big picture rather than details I would imagine that inner voice or passion of yours is speaking to you.

Martin Luther King was an INFJ. He said it best with "I have a dream". If you ever manage to become a healthy and productive INFJ then you can truly change the world.

tring likes this.