1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

INDEPENDENCE DAY

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BITW720, Jul 4, 2015.

1. BITW720

BITW720 Fapstronaut

I figured this would be a good forum to make this post. I am currently taking part in #NoFapJuly2015 with some very dedicated, motivated, and encouraging individuals over at http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/whos-up-for-a-july-challenge.41619/ Feel free to join in with us if you would like!

In that thread I have been posting daily about what I have been going through so far on this journey and the many things I have experienced so far in just 4 days. We have all been there. We all will be there. We'll always "be there." The beautiful thing to me about this community that I have noticed over the past year sitting back and reading so many posts as I continuously struggled myself is the amount of fighters that are here. People who relapse after 90 days and come back the next day eager to start again. People who can't go a week without PMO, but still try week in and week out to improve their lifestyle. A holiday like today makes a lot of people talk about and appreciate their freedoms as American citizens, but here we are, bound to a vice too taboo to tell your best friend about, maybe hardly feeling "free" at all. Victims of the silent, behind closed doors addiction. If you are on this site right now, that means currently or in the past, you were dependent on P. But if you are here, it also means that you are a fighter, want to be a fighter, or have been a fighter who is helping train others to carry on in this ongoing brain war we all find ourselves in. So today, to all of you fighters, my brothers (and possibly sisters) in arms, I wish you true Independence from your self oppression today and the rest of days. In the #NoFapJuly2015 thread I posted above, I have been adding to a daily list of things I hope to gain from succesfully no fapping. Today, I add independence to the list, because I hope to break myself free from this addiction and the guilt, shame, anxiety, and depression that come with it.

What I hope to gain from NoFap
    1. Energy
    2. Courage
    3. Confidence
    4. Strength
    5. Independence

2. writer239

writer239 Fapstronaut

I'll definitely be keeping watch of this thread and posting when relevant. I want to gain all of those things from nofap as well, and this is one of those things in life that's better done with other people, rather than alone. Let's do this and end this addiction!

Real_OGH likes this.