1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When are dating apps safe?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by jdguy596, Nov 8, 2020.

1. jdguy596

jdguy596 Fapstronaut

I have noticed one of my triggers in the past is social media and dating apps. So I deleted them earlier this year and have seen some improvements in my habits. My longest streak was 84 days and have had several 2+ weeks streaks. However, it is hard to use the benefit of improved confidence with women when we are in the middle of a pandemic. I really want to meet women and go on dates, but am worried this will lead to more relapses. Does anybody have strategies to use these apps for a genuine purpose? Or should I avoid them at all costs?

2. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

In my case social media doesn't helps me with depression or sadness, and since I've reduced them a lot, I feel better. I also recently deleted one dating app I used, cuerrently I am not too much triggered using them, but they actually trigger a little bit, I think I have more self control and I am not beeing too aroused with images of woman, it is like I am desensibilizing.

But yea, for me too I want to be with friends, date with women, know new people, strengthen my realtionships but this pandemic is just hindering life. I haven't had too much luck with some apps, and the sad part is that suddenly women stop talking to you, or they erase the account, but at the beginign it helped me with talking with somebody.
    Where do you live?

3. TheGrindDontStop

TheGrindDontStop Fapstronaut

I would recommend Hinge. I used that dating app and it was pretty decent to me.

4. Alright:)

Alright:) Fapstronaut

Personally , dating apps make me relapse . .

5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Seems to me like unless you can use those dating apps to actually meet women in real life and have sex with them (difficult if not impossible in parts of the world on lockdown from the pandemic) then they're nothing more than a PSub. Why torture yourself with pics of women you'll never hook up with and then just MO to them? If you're not in a position to close the deal IRL then best IMO to just avoid the stimulus altogether.

Your mileage may vary of course.

6. I would say never. I only dated a girl from an app once and it was a pretty bad date. I only date people I meet in person nowadays.