1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Always Comparing Myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Daggertail19, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Hello,

Been a while since I posted on here, but recently I have been taking this whole reboot thing seriously and have some thoughts.

Although I have always known that I compare myself to others (the way I look, the way I act, etc.) I never really stopped to think about what it is I am doing by comparing. It makes me feel worthless and unwanted because I have been repeating thins like "If I had green eyes, more girls would look at me" or "If I had that car I would be more attractive" I guess this is all normal thought, but I want to stop it.

I guess what I hope to get out of this post is thoughts on what others have done in these times to reframe your mindset. Some tips or insight on anything will be helpful. Don't hold back, you can be brutally honest. Who else has felt that way and what do you do to remind yourself that kind of stuff does not matter?

I appreciate your tips and thoughts.

Kingfisher likes this.
  2. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Hey no worries, this is a problem many boys must take to become a man in every sense of the word.
    1. Just gotta say this your true love isn't going to give two shits about the vehicle your driving, the type of people who judge me for my car are likely mishuided and are of no concern to me if they have that sort of shitty attitude.
    2. On to the real advice. Read and watch philosophy videos, specifically ones concerning manhood and place in the universe. Refuse to let the mob put you down for something as fickle as status or looks. I'm being real serious when I say these will help you. Youtube: Academy of Ideas, Pursuit of Wonder
    Books: Jack Donovan's The way of men trilogy
    Plato's Republic

Do yourself a favor and go to the gym or work out if you don't already. Start becoming more competent.
    Learn chess/other brain games
    Learn basic mechanics
    Learn martial arts
    Learn more about guns
    Learn more about history
    Carpentry
    Smithing
    Reloading
    Sciences
    Wood carving
    Find a passion
    Meditate
    Become a man that can create value and be relied upon in the toughest situations.
    All this is thousands of times more important than what car you have or status to women. Chase excellence, true excellence, and the rest will follow.

I know that sort of rambled but I hope it helps! :)

Munchausen and FezMan76 like this.
  3. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

I appreciate your advice and recommendations. I definitely learn more from videos and books so I think it is great you gave me specific titles. The rambling is appreciated.

4. Mihadom

Mihadom Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey man, comparing to others is a sure sign of low self esteem, sign of not accepting oneself. I'd recommend you the book called No more Mr nice guy, I'm sure it'd be very helpful. Sometimes we do think things like if I had this then it would be like that, if I had money I'd be happier. How can you guarantee that I'd be like that. This cycle of comparing to others create need for external validation, which is conditioned during childhood. You'd want to do some inner work too, work on that self esteem of yours and find something that you really like doing. Cheers and good luck!

5. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

I appreciate your advice, I will take a look at the book. Recently I have deleted all social media platforms as I use to post on there for external validation. When I did not get it, I resorted to either deleting the post or just feeling like poop about it. I feel a lot better, but feel like something is missing and am going through this withdrawal/depressive state, probably because I have not outlet for that validation. Trying to fill that with hobbies, I noticed I don't have many of those..... besides going to the gym and playing guitar.

Anyway, I went on a tangent. Thanks again