1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by LifeWorthLiving!!!, Apr 9, 2021.

1. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

I hit 100 days today.

I managed 402 days no PMO from 2016-2017, drank too much one night when my guard was down and slipped to PMO. This led to a 3.5 year struggle - lasting 5 days and slipping over and over...

The keys this time are

1. support and accountability. I meet with two other guys weekly and am honest with where I am.

2. 2nd key is being careful of triggers. The internet can be like a bad neighborhood . I need to know where I'm going, get in and get out.

3. 3rd key - moderating alcohol. If I drink, my will can get weak. I use in moderation, if at all.
    +
    4. 4th key - being aware of entitlement. If I think I deserve PMO I'm already dead.

Feeling clear, confident and hopeful.

Next goal 150.

Hope this helps someone,
    peace

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  2. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Congratulations! 100 days is incredible.

LifeWorthLiving!!! likes this.
  3. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother!

How has your life changed after abstaining for this long?

4. Do you meet your accountability partners in real life?

I think you should quit alcohol for life.

You struggle for 3.5 years? Wow! And I thought I was worse off than everybody else. After I did like 72 days (which was in Oct 2020), I started relapsing weekly. Your post should be pinned. And I think you should mentiin the 3.5-year struggle in the thread title because some people, like myself, thought they were hopeless cases after relapsing for months.

Also, I think you should quit alcohol for life. You streak was 400+ days. Alcohol can destroy anything. It's like you spent more than a year building branches for your business then (after some booze) bombing all of them away. :D

Edit: I salute you for a job well done. We'll wait for the next success story.

Abstergo and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  5. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

Thanks for the post. I'm going to hit 4 months no PMO this Thursday.

I have allowed myself to have a drink, at times two, but then I have stopped there. It has been in social situations and I have walked in with a plan.

So far, so good. I still have a sense of control and I have stayed on the path.

And yes - I meet with accountability partners weekly and check with someone on the phone daily.

StopForever and Phast like this.