1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Tomb Raider fans here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hadrian3, May 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

What do you like more about the Tomb Raider video games? What are your most/least favourite TR games?

For me, I love the puzzles and mysteries, the architecture (especially the stone buildings and Croft manor), the beautiful scenes, story, etc. Recently I played Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) and enjoyed it very much.

The newer games sometimes have easier and less puzzles which is not good. I remember TR Anniversary were extremely difficult for me. There was a level in Greece in which the bosses were 2 centaurs and I was stuck there for weeks. Couldn't kill them. :D

I've finished Legend (2006), Anniversary (2007), Underworld (2008), Tomb Raider (2013), and Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015), also Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I enjoyed Underworld the most as it was my first Tomb Raider game to play. It has many enjoyable puzzles and had a great graphics for its time.

Mr.Tony and The Passenger like this.
  2. I liked playing Tomb Raider on the PS1 when I was a kid. Probably really dated now but had lots of fun playing it.

I remember as well that there was a cheat to change her clothes to lingerie. Graphics were terrible, but as a kid that didn't know any better, it was cool.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  3. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i love it though i totally suck at it, have clue of puzzle and adventurous things most of the time and look up walkthrough progress further. Still it's fun and i find Lara Croft to be really attractive especially in recent editions like 2013, Rise and Shadow. TBH, i made decent progress in 2013 one and did pretty well loved everything everything it every adventure was so fun everything seemed so perfect like you never feel even a slight loss of suspense and thrill. I also rate Rise of Tomb Raider pretty highly and SOTTR seems as good if not worse. Didn't play older games much but remember playing TRA in childhood and installing the nude patch :p

Hadrian3 likes this.
  4. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

I played tr2 when it came out, for ps1, i liked it a lot, but never finished the game.

Cool game, but not my favourite series or sure.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  5. A question to you my friend, I've had Tomb Raider 2 on Ps1 but never really wanted to play it, Recently I've seen a New Game Tomb Raider on the PS4 is it a Remake or Reboot ? Just woundering ?

If you don't mind answering that since you are a fan of that game, thanks anyway!

Hadrian3 likes this.
  6. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I don't know which one exactly you mean, but I don't think it's a remake. There have been a reboot in 2006 and another in 2013. Each series had 3 main games as far as I know. I just made a research and found that Anniversary (2007) is a remake of the original game. But I think the others are not remake.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Mr.Tony likes this.
  7. ScottPiligrimm

ScottPiligrimm New Fapstronaut

I'm a fan of Angelina Jolie in the role of tomb rider, haha

8. For the 2013 Tomb Raidee it's a continuity ? What were Prequels to the 2013 Trilogy ?

9. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

The 2013 game is the first game of a reboot. The games before it, Legend 2006, Anniversary 2007 and Underworld 2008 were another series.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  10. Oh i get it now, Same Character with different event and storyline.

So there are 3 different stories, I believe none of them is linked to the other, right ?

Hadrian3 likes this.
  11. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

The 3 games I mentioned are related to each other. But they have independent stories from the early series and the newer series (the 2013 reboot and newer ones). So, we have 3 different series I assume. Also some spin-offs.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  12. According to you which serie is really that great ?

I like video games too, but when i play i mix down a lot of characters and events from different games, to me All the games I play happen in the same universe! They all happen in the American Soil! :p

I would love to think that Nathan's Drake mother was Lara Croft in one of these series. It was mentioned she was a Treasure Hunter too.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  13. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I haven't played Uncharted games at all. So I don't know. :)
    The older series don't have a fancy graphics for the year 2021, so I don't know if you would like them. You can start with TR 2013. I would suggest Rise of the Tomb Raider 2015, but the story begins in the 2013 game.

What do you mean?

Mr.Tony likes this.
  14. I'm from Playstation 1 Generation, I like and love classic Games too. Try Uncharacted it's a great game too.

And by the way, I didn't spoil you about Uncharted, Do not worry about it! Try it! It's really a great story though, I've played them all.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  15. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I see. That's cool.

I love video games to some extend. But have to focus on other things like my job now. Maybe I'll try Uncharted games someday. Because I hear it's similar to Tomb Raider. But I'd rather learn game developing as a hobby than playing video games much. I am a web developer now.

You may try older TR games too. The newer ones seemed more revised and well-made to me though.