1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any fans of Resident Evil here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

Yeah i loved RE4 and my brother finished it with the help of a trainer as he found final boss battle slightly challenging.

Though, he is a proper gamer and finishes games regularly on hardest difgiculty like cyberpunk, hitman, crysis etc. unlike me who struggles on easy, having no clue in adventure games like SOTTR and absolutely terrible in online fps games, i have only finished 6-8 games in my whole life and i still wonder how i beat MW3 in hard difficulty though COD games are easy.

2. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I've only played RE 5 and it was one the best games I've ever played. Finished it several times alone and co-op with my nephew.:D I played some RE 4 and a few others. But too little to make any judgement. I have RE 2 on my hard disk too. But haven't played it much.

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

You really ought to play 4 to completion, one of the best action games ever made. To me, 5 is just a worse version of it.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  4. Well, tiny faced Chief O'Brian, I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I've played and enjoyed RES5, RES6, and RES2 Remake. My favorite is the remake, coming from someone who doesn't play horror games much. Least favorite is hard to pick. In a weird way, I found 5 to be quite fun, despite the jarring controls, and I remember it annoying me multiple times, but I still managed to enjoy myself. I considered purchasing the 3 remake, but later skipped it after learning it has... drawbacks. I did watch a playthrough of RES7, but never picked it up as it didn't impress me that much. I look forward to Village, though.

All of that are my only interactions with the series as a whole, including movies and, if available, reading material.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2021
    Hadrian3 likes this.
  5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think for me the issue I have with 5 is it's just an inferior version of 4 with an annoying AI partner. Not a bad game, especially in co-op, but also not great. I'd be tempted to replay it at some point and reassess.

Honestly, and this is a hot take, I dont find the remake of 2 to be as great as everyone says it is. I love the first half of the game but everything during and after the sewer feels noticeably worse and because the game is so short the part I do like is only a few hours tops. In general I think Resi games have a serious problem with getting worse the longer they go, apparently even Village has this problem.

Mixolydian likes this.
  6. Not to necro this thread, (what's the expiration date on threads? :emoji_joy:) but as Village is now out, I checked it out and... man, am I disappointed. The game's dumb as hell. At this point, I should just pick up 4 sometime instead.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I havent played it, but have heard mixed things. Some saying its good, others not.

8. If you're interested, I'd wait for a sale, at the least.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I definitely will. Almost never buy games at full price nowadays.

Mixolydian likes this.
  10. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

I played a resident evil 2 demo on ps1 about 24 years ago, that was cool.