1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am obsessed with the idea of living healthy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Yujirō Hanma, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Yujirō Hanma

Yujirō Hanma Fapstronaut

Yet i am still doing stuffs that are not good for health. Such as smoking cigarettes, lack of sleep etc.

I am now on day 30+ no PMO.
    But i cant go more than 24 hours without a cigarettes.

Anyone struggling with the same kind of situation? I mean where you can abstain from PMO but its so hard to stop other addiction?

2. The strongest man in the world can't sleep? damn...

Seriously though, if you wanna fix sleep then you need to start going to bed and waking up at the same time every day. so 10-6 for example. You need to reset your circadian rhythm.

I can't help you with the smoking though.

Yujirō Hanma likes this.
  3. Basically you need to think long term right, so not just like buying healthy food here and there or working out sometimes but consistency. But of course if it's a lifestyle the transition is in itself a process. In general going with one thing you can do consistently and building on that is probably a good idea.

Yujirō Hanma likes this.
  4. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes, I've a long history with all sorts of addictions. Thankfully, I've learned to stop most of them. I managed to stop smoking weed and cigarettes, with cigarettes being the hardest by far. But at least I had patches to help. Without them I'm to sure how successful I would have been.

Unfortunately, with PMO there are no patches or magic pills. I'm still drinking far more than I want, but I usually find I can stop one, but not the other. But it's also fair to say that drinking supports PMO in it's own way.

I'm hoping, planning, thinking that through abstinence of one, I will build on the skills, strength, courage and conviction to believe in my ability to stop the other.

I must say though, if you can go 24 hours without a cigarette, that's really quite impressive. Have you tried patches? From my experience, they gave me that extra confidence to stop

Best of luck with your goals!

Yujirō Hanma and Seekin2mind like this.
  5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Congrats on 30 days clean, thats a tremendous achievement. I always advise people to be kind to themselves, and 'fix' one thing at a time, so maybe the cigs can wait? One a day isn't that big a deal.

Sleep is worth sorting, as there is nothing like feeling refreshed and wide awake each morning to face the day's challenges. I'm sure youve heard it before, but a strict no screens rule two hours before bed time will miraculously change your ability to fall asleep and your quality of sleep too. Its a good rule of thumb not to eat before bed either, or at least just a light snack.
    Establish a simple enjoyable and relaxing evening routine. Something like: tidy up, put on PJs, wash, clean teeth, read fiction until you feel sleepy (personally i prefer to read in a chair then transfer to bed, but whatever suits you), get into bed and light out.

Yujirō Hanma likes this.
  6. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I am a bit like that when it comes to how I am getting the majority of my nutrient intake. So the majority of time avoiding certain foods, and trying to make sure I am getting all of my essential nutrients on a daily basis, or near daily basis from whole foods. But I sometimes still drink heavily, I still sometimes eat junk food, and I still sometimes PMO.

I think the way I look at it is when I drink alcohol or eat junk food, when I do these things I am not trying to be healthy. But the majority of the time I do want to be getting all of my essential nutrients from whole foods.

Yujirō Hanma likes this.
  7. Yujirō Hanma

Yujirō Hanma Fapstronaut

First of all I want to say thank you to you all for your responses to my thread. I am sorry fot late reply, right now I am busy with some hustles also I am now working on my thesis for my bachelor degree, my target is I will (MUST!) finish this year, wish me luck and wish me so I can get rid of all the laziness and procrastination.

And also, regarding (the question on?) my thread, Im still not giving up and I will always try to be a better person than who I was.

Now i try to reduce my cigarettes consumption with vaping, it does works, I can reduce it to only one pack for two days. But, you see, the way I try to reduce it is still not better, but I guess its less harmfull because of the abstinence of thousand of chemicals that founded on cigarettes (vaping only contains nicotine, isnt it true?)

But my main goal is still to be released and free from all kind of not-good-for-health things.

And regarding my sleeping, even though I still cant sleep early, I always try to sleep at least 7 hours.

I also have a lot of goals (i just awake from my stupid life) like financial goal, long term romantic relationship and doing my hobbies and many others xD.

Being on NoFap (day 37 now) really help me to realize what I want and need in life, and also what is not good for me.
    I hope life gets better for all of us and we can stay strong

Thank you again for the responses, any more advice or encouraging word is appreciated.
    (Sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language, not even second LOL its the third or maybe fourth language)

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021