eating alone in the resturant

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by sam30, Aug 21, 2021.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

anyone find it lonely eating alone in the resturant? i enjoy the food but i had no companion. I had people looking at me...would they think i am a loner?

BenSarek, Tafi, im_done and 2 others like this.
  2. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I would think rather that you are satisfied with your own company; a very healthy state of being it seems to me.

3. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I think fast food like McDonalds and Burger King it's normal to eat alone.
    But restaurant i avoid to eat alone. You need a lot of convidence to eat alone in restaurant.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  4. Years ago I was driving around town, just to clear my head. I was suddenly hungry for spaghetti. I pulled into the first Italian restaurant I came across and went inside and ordered. I was in a mood, just inside my own head. I didn't notice anyone else. Had a table by a window and just enjoyed the view and my meal. That was it. Oh, and the waitress was really nice to me and I left her a big tip.

5. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I ate in the resturant but not inside there was tables outside…

6. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

It’s when you enjoy the food and you worry about no one right…

AndrewThePilot and MaxEvans like this.
  7. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Never truly understood this, I've went a fair amount of times to restaurants on my own, never understood why wanting to go to a restaurant and enjoy the food required having company as a pre-requisite for doing it.

If I have company, that's nice, but is an extra, and a good extra, but not having someone to go with is not stopping me if I really fancy going.

8. mastermindforlife

mastermindforlife Fapstronaut

I always eat, watch movies alone, don't really care what others think. If I happen to have a +1 then it really doesn't make any difference. Plus i don't care.

9. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Maybe instead of going to a restaurant alone you can make a meal at home. You save money that way

sam30 likes this.
  10. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

People do it. Times of day and types of restaurants may make a difference to comfort level. It's kind of awkward eating at a French restaurant alone on moon-lit evening, or at Japanese steak house with group seating - although, I've seen singles there, too. Most places are quite comfortable for breakfast and lunch - and other busy, low-key, chain-establishment restaurants for dinner. No one cares. Actually, becoming comfortable with yourself is a great way to be ready to enter into a later relationship. It's an interesting experience and can even be an experiment. Bon appetite!

sam30 likes this.
  11. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Excellent.

12. KKS123

KKS123 Fapstronaut

No you aren't a loner. A lot of weak minded people don't have the balls to do some things alone so you eating and doing things alone makes you confidence. And it is impossible to be lonely if you enjoy your own company

13. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

I loooove eating alone in a good restaurant, it's my hobby.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Budd S and sam30 like this.
  14. Last night my wife and I went out for dinner and there was one guy eating alone. I had to kind of admire him. He picked the best ramen place in the city and seemed fine with the busy atmosphere and the fact that he was the only one by himself.

sam30 and Ghost79 like this.
  15. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

I'll be honest, I don't understand this mentality. I used to do this quite a bit because I travelled a lot. I never look at someone eating alone and think: "This man is unloved." Because if he has a crazy work schedule that day, or he's just floating through town, he could be the most popular man in the world and either doesn't have the time or the resources to go out for lunch in that instance.

If you look around any restaurant, plenty of people eat alone. Not that big of a deal.

Gina3111 and sam30 like this.
  16. My dude, sometimes I stare at restaurant people because I haven't been allowed to socialize in so long because of the current state of the world. I just stare, I think people these days do it for the same reason. Sometimes I'm like "Shit, I forgot what a cute girl looks like. " .

17. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Totally fine! I suggest u to put sunglasses and focus on ur food;)

18. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

I've had my fair share of movies in the cinema all by myself. And I enjoyed them a lot. Who cares what everybody else thinks? If anybody thinks anything, anyway...

19. svwluke

svwluke Fapstronaut

If Tony Soprano can do it, all of us can.

Michaeldra likes this.
  20. rebuilder

rebuilder Fapstronaut

I pretty much always eat alone when I'm in a restaurant. I just listen to a podcast or something while eating. Often it's one of the best times of my day. (Although this is mostly pre-covid. I've mostly given up on restaurants for now.)

ndaty likes this.