1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your weak point ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Mine is that I can be obsessed with anything.

It is a very good thing and also a very dangerous tool.

I must audit my mind, watch out everything that comes in and out of it!

What's yours ?

2. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

I am obsessive too but honestly it has served me more than not. My weak point is that my head is always in the clouds. When I was a child I wanted to grow up to be a painter, and I approach my entire life as if I’m an artist. I never spend time in reality, and it’s hard as shit to function if I don’t snap out of it.

3. Yea, I had a dream of becoming a Drawing Artist too, My Father used to Draw as well, I used to like his Arts! He was a Great Inspiration to me.

After his death, I feel kind of Sad and Strong at the same time...

My Obcession is making things hard I can't Multi Task! It's not for me!

I can only become Obcessed but to achieve obcession, I must I must... go into a severe Dopamine Detox! No contact with any Human being / No Phone / No Social Media - Till my Dopamine gets very low - Than anything becomes - Addictive even using my imagination.

It's the way I was born, It's an exceptional ability, and a very destructive one if used the wrong way...

I find myself at very risk of getting addicted to anything, If I don't stay away from it and block it, and live as if it never existed...

I'm not really food at Strategic Thinking, I need to improve it as well, Think and Think for all possible scenarios...

Man, I wish to talk more about this Topic, Because I believe that wars are won in General Tents and not in the battlefields, so thinking and strategizing is a must!

4. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

For me my weak point is nihilism i think, I don't see a point in anything so its hard for me to give myself reasons to keep pushing myself when things get hard or uncomfortable because in my mind, whether things go well or terrible I'm just gonna be dead one day anyways and so will everyone that remembers me so I have very little drive in life, I just do things to be less miserable and thats kinda about it.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  5. I understand...
    About Nihilism, Why are we here in the first place ? Why linking my existance with two people who had just married and had sex ?

Why ? Why link my exisistance with them ?

I believe everything happens for a reason...

6. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

You should read Friedrich Nietzsche, or unironically anything in the Christian canon. I know they're often diametrically opposed, Nietzsche was unabashedly a searing critic of Christianity. But he approaches the problem of nihilism from an atheistic and philosophical perspective, and I think a lot of modern people have quite a bit to gain from his writings. He was, in his own words, an "anti-nihilist"-- a philosophical hater of nihilism.

Of course, I think the church fathers and the Gospels deal with this problem in a more direct, meaningful, and lasting way, and provide better answers and solutions. But if you don't accept God as a premise, I think Friedrich Nietzsche could still provide a lot of insight into the problems of nihilism.

Mr.Tony likes this.