1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quiting caffeine > itense head aces

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 10, 2021.

1. For over a week now, I got super intense headaches and brain fog that makes me unable to concentrate to do anything...

Any tips to get off my caffeine addiction?

2. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Just give it some time. If you stay away from it long enough it will subside. I had the same issue. Around three weeks in it went away. Now caffeine doesn't even cross my mind.

3. i took one cup today and i still have a headace

4. Kzhs234

Kzhs234 Fapstronaut

I gave up Caffeine around 6 months ago and for the first week and a half I had the worst headaches I have ever had (apart from migraines). At one stage I even thought about going to the hospital to get it checked out it was so bad lol. But it will pass.

I read somewhere that the reason you get headaches when you quit caffeine is because the blood vessels constrict on your head (Caffeine opens them up more).

I do drink caffeine again now, but nowhere near as much as I did before.

ARAKIS likes this.
  5. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

tapering off in a gradual schedule would make the headaches less intense but if you already have several days cold turkey you may as well continue cold turkey. I would assume the first 3 days are the worst.

MindfulWarrior likes this.
  6. i took one cup again. However i find it more east to quit if i have a good streak like i have more energy from nofap that helps me to not feel like a zombie afther quitting caffeine.

Demodectic likes this.
  7. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

I got myself down to only 2 cups in the morning and no more thruout the day. I like caffeine alot but when we overconsume it causes problems. One trick is to water down your coffee more and more so that you are drinking more fluid but less caffeine overall. Or to switch to black or green tea. Or a mixture of both

ARAKIS likes this.
  8. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

I would say gradually size down to minimize side effects. If you drank 6 cups, go a few days with 4 cups, then 2 etc.

If you drank 3 cups (like I do), then perhaps you could try sizing down to 2 first for a few days, then a few days with 1 and then 0. Quitting cold turkey is possible but will get you nasty headaches

ARAKIS likes this.