1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Pomodoro technique worth it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Resilience personified, Nov 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi to whoever is reading this.
    I am a student and I recently came to know about the Pomodoro technique, so has anyone here tried it? Does it really work and increase you productivity?

ndaty, 88991s and John Bergz like this.
  2. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Definitely, with time and practice you can increase the increment of study vs rest. It's proven useful for me. I don't think studying consistently without breaks garners the best quality.

im_done, Beingpure, ndaty and 2 others like this.
  3. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

4. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

It works really well, but don't feel forced to use 25mins for each pomodoro. I found that 45mins or even 1h with 10mins short breaks works really the best for me for example

ndaty and Resilience 16 like this.
  5. What do you do in those breaks?

6. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I browse the forum or Pinterest, sort out files, get up and do a few stretches, check my phone notifs, go make a cup of coffee, walk a bit, things like that :) For me at least, it has to be really non work related. If it's a break, it's a break. But if I feel like keeping on going, I keep on going!

I recommend the app Forest for pomodoros!

ndaty and Resilience 16 like this.
  7. Is that the name of the app?

8. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

88991s and Resilience 16 like this.
  9. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

No , never worked for me. I believe that studying is like gymming , it takes effort and you get better and better with consistency. And take breaks. Don’t numb your ass sitting all day.

If you want to get better at studying , Do it everyday even if it’s for 10 min or less.

Pomodoro is a very good technique. But if you are a perfectionist like me you will procrastinate about studying for a set period of time.

Resilience 16 likes this.
  10. Ok so I tried the Pomodoro technique just now and it felt good so far. Especially because of that 'forest' app as recommended by @Cirilla. I really liked that app's theme. Till now I planted 1 tree about to plant another. I kept one pomodoro of 45 minutes because 25 minutes seemed too less.

88991s likes this.
  11. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Very happy to hear that is working for you :)

Resilience 16 likes this.
  12. This is how my forest looks now.
    Screenshot_20211121-191126_Forest.jpg

88991s likes this.
  13. Probably the most productive day in my life.
    Screenshot_20211201-213225_Forest.jpg

88991s and Cirilla like this.