1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favorite warrior in history?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JustLeave07, Apr 3, 2021.

What was quality of my English? I am working on it.

1. 9/10

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. 5/10

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

you got any sources on that?
    they did not magically lose their works many of the latin written texts were preserved by europeans scribes(the only reason we have ancient work written in that dead language today) even as most of them were from pagans author and i believe the church in the west(the majority of literati) expressly forbid their reading tough some conscientious few took the pain to copy them(the only way to preserve texts in the antiquity) and the ones mainly responsible for preserving the bulk of ancients texts are in fact the byzantines, as late as the 8 centuries you have arabs rulers in al-andalus writing to Constantinople asking for ancients treatises, their role in this is sadly dismissed today.
    Now if you question the veracity of said texts or copy of texts there is nothing i can say to convince you otherwise only that maybe you should try and read on how historians make sure that the accounts often copied in several places checks out.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    En?gma likes this.
  2. Preserved or Invented or modified? That's the point! No because mostly of the plebe was analphabet and what we know in Europe was that the Chatolic Church was one of few with scribes able to read-write-copy, but yes also arabs and byzantine had people able to read, ecc... for example marcus aurelius books are Medieval Byzantines copies. There are many enigmas about old history and even in the bibble you can find, for example, a clone of Pyrrus of Epirus called Abìmelec, the circumstance is the same:

Judges 9:52 - When Abimelech came to attack the tower, he approached its entrance to set it on fire. But a woman dropped a n uper millstone on Abimelech 's head, crushing his skull. He quickly called his armor-bearer, saying, “Draw your sword and kill me, lest they say of me, ‘A woman killed him.’ ” So Abimelech’s armor-bearer ran his sword through him, and he died.

Pyrrus (wiki): Pyrrhus had little time to mourn, as he was immediately offered an opportunity to intervene in a civic dispute in Argos. Since Antigonus Gonatas was approaching too, he hastened to enter the city with his army by stealth, only to find the place crowded with hostile troops. During the confused Battle of Argos in the narrow city streets, Pyrrhus was trapped. While he was fighting an Argive soldier, the soldier's old mother, who was watching from a rooftop, threw a tile which knocked him from his horse and broke part of his spine, paralyzing him. Whether he was alive or not after the blow is unknown, but his death was assured when a Macedonian soldier named Zopyrus, though frightened by the look on the face of the unconscious king, hesitantly and ineptly beheaded his motionless body. This story is later recounted by Plutarch in his Life of Pyrrhus.

-

This is just an example of "coincidence". For Example, we jave Leonidas that fight in the Termopoli against Persian with 300 spartans, and then we have Joan de la Roche that fight in the Termopoli against Byzantium with 300 Knights, and then we have Gideon that fight with 300 against the midianites (Judges 7:7-12).

These are just two examples of a greatest Quagmire, but don't worry as i said i still learn the History and the Philosophy (the best part is that you don't really care about who write philosophic books, but you care of what they write, if the life of Socratis, Seneca or Jesus is fake, it does not really matter) we learn from books because is what i do since i was a kid and one of the few real "hobbys" i have but is not true everyone can convince me otherwise my mind is open and i listen to everyone, i just rate to use critical thinking instead of just agree with normal historians just because they get a piece of paper that say they know history (Principle of Authority).

I think i'm not able to debate anymore, not with you but in general, i waste so many energies and time in writings so next time i'll stay silent like my friend said, but i still hope you are happy of my message and maybe you find it useful..

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  3. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Fapstronaut

Carrying a spear that weighs 80kg, 2
    X 25kg swords while wearing 70kg body armour?

Do you realise how strong you have to be to lift that, let alone carry it and fight with it?

Not even the world's strongest man in today's age which requires steroids could carry this for more than 5 minutes let alone fight with that amount of weight as gear lol

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  4. My favourite warrior is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.

5. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Fapstronaut

I call BS

Now if the weapons and armour weighed a total of 50-75 kg max I could believe it, but 200kg?

Lmao he would've been so slow and would have tired out a few minutes after wielding those weapons and armour. A few swings or thrusts with such heavy gear and he would be gassed out and made an easy target to destroy

Not everything you read is true son

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  6. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

Man i just glossed over what OP wrote but 80kg spear? o_O
    And i don't believe there is such a thing as 25 kg sword nor did indian in general wore heavier armor than europeans testerone fueled knights i believe, and the heaviest they wore wouldn't go above 30kg.

DukeNukem likes this.