1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

They are hiding the dislike number on youtube.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Nov 29, 2021.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

They are hiding how many people dislike a video publicly on youtube. What is the point in having a dislike button then?

I suppose if the content creator can still see how many people dislike their video it can allow them to change the type of videos they put out.

But I still think dislikes on a video should be public to everyone.

Ghost79, silex_jedi and RaFy942 like this.
  2. Technology companies are now heavily politicized, they also see the value of conformity and propaganda. You're much less likely to think something is bad if no one else does.

im_done, Ghost79, Mixolydian and 4 others like this.
  3. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Bingo! Spot on.

4. They say they are doing that for the smaller creators which honestly doesn't even make all that much sense. I haven't seen smaller creators who actually make good content get dislike bombed so I don't know what the hell they are on about and it's not just me. The move just reeks of corporate bullshit that makes it even harder for smaller creators rather than easier.

5. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Why indeed! I've noticed it too recently

6. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

i feel ambivalent about this... i think people should be aware that the Internet is not a safe place. dislikes and haters are part of the process. parent should educate their children not to put (how to put it nicely) the experiments that they do because they are children (and they need to experiment !) on YouTube

7. it is being done for political reasons, the current (american) administration was receiving wildly disproportionate numbers of dislikes - youtube claims its bots etc but never did this for the previous administration, and poll numbers would echo the dislike sentiments.
    Here is a site tracking the removals:
    https://81m.org/

Youtube, of all big tech companies has become super-politicized which is why so many alternative video platforms are gaining steam - vs places like twitter which are still 'relatively' open compared to youtube.

Americans don't realize the rest of the world is very disturbed by a few big tech companies trying to control the narrative of political discourse.

PrioritySystem likes this.
  8. It is Finished

It is Finished Fapstronaut

That’s because all of the news videos about coronavirus propaganda were riddled with dislikes, often have a ratio of 80 or 90% dislikes to 10% likes. They conveniently removed the dislike option just prior to the announcement of their latest instalment of bullshit propaganda (the SCARY DEADLY SOUTH AFRICAN VARIANT).

jcl1990 and cato-the-younger like this.
  9. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

That's all fine and dandy but plenty of people can barely function . That on top of NoFap and potential moodiness that can come with it I'd say that's far out of some people's grasp or not on any consistent basis either