1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone knows some kind of meditation which allows you to meet your subconscious & get enlightened?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 28, 2021.

1. I'm thinking a lot about my life recently

I always feel emotionally unstable, I don't feel grounded and don't feel like I have a base. My soul is like a ship during a storm

I simply try to hold onto something in life. But I don't feel at peace internally. I simply don't have inner peace. Life really feels like a fever dream

Do you guys know anything which could help me? I just don't want to feel "lost", that's it

2. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

So I would throw my 0.03$ and say that there are certainly many different paths to achieve any single goal in life.

I would also argue with that part “becoming enlightened”-everything which starts also at some point ends-so that gives us three options:
    1)all beings are already enlightened (just don’t know/notice it)
    2)it is not possible to achieve enlightenment
    3)Enlightenment is not eternal-so if there are circumstances for achieving there will be also some for losing it

For sake of keeping this response short I will skip enlightenment part entirely and just go straight to solution-you don't need to be eternally, abstractly enlightened in order to be content. To be content you need to understand that you are enough, that does not mean to not fight for better tomorrow-still accepting yourself is crucial.

Most of modern issues are more from mind than “physical” world, so just by calming mind you kinda disintegrate big chunk of issues and the others will become more manageable. That leaves us with question “how to calm mind?”

The most efficient approach would be to try various things and pick those which suits you-it does not matter if that’s zazen, chanting, cold immersion, tai chi, fishing or puzzle-you need to via trail-and-error approach find what works best for you and instead of taking your energy multiplies it.

I don’t think that subconscious is separate being in our head which you need to call/meet-you are impacting it to some extend all the time. There are some options to “talk more directly” via hypnosis or deep meditation, yet at the end of the day what matters is not single session with hypnotist but how you feed it.

It’s like in this story of two wolfs inside us-one bad and one good. If you ask which one will win-the answer would be “the one you feed”.

amaranth, Watanabe and PegasusKid like this.
  3. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

From what I've gathered on this subject to reach the state you're asking about is quite the paradox; on one hand it's rare to impossible to achieve, like 0.001% get there, a state of pure consciousness\oneness with everything, on the other hand, you are already there.

A good spiritual teacher might help in terms of giving you a map of the terrain, to this end I listen to David R Hawkins (doc), lots of small clips on YouTube or lectures\talks on audible. But that's just my personal opinion. And I'm not enlightened.

Simple things like stopping judging everything, accepting what is with humility, making the right choice in every situation, being a kind and decent human being, all might help with steadying the ship, but I'd add that life can at times just be so tough, like we've not got the knowledge, emotional skills to navigate it all, like we're not cut out for it. I've been in this place recently. But you just have to keep showing up doing your best.

Whatever way you go, I think it's a worthy endeavour, you'll become a better you, and therefore the whole of humanity gets better.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    devsMind likes this.
  4. Archangel VIII

Archangel VIII Fapstronaut

Music really helps for me. I sometimes just meditate and/or day dream to music and songs.

5. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

6. hailmaryfullofgrace

hailmaryfullofgrace Fapstronaut

Read the Bible. Ask God to reveal himself to you. Get the book "I heard God laugh" by Matt Kelly

ReInForced_Elk likes this.
  7. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Centering Prayer!