1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Books that helped you get dates

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by nfpexperiment, May 8, 2022.

1. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Hi,

Just share your books that has helped you.
    I am busy with Day Bang Roosh V.
    Rationale male seems good to make you wake up to harsh reality of how women are.

Br,
    Nfp

2. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Books won't help you get dates. Looking good, smelling nice and being fun does. What type of mindset should you have? One of non-attachment

3. nfpexperiment

It does help IMO, for example I have learnt from rationale male that women love men for what they (status,power,looks, money, skills) are not for who they are, we as men must swallow this red pill.

muhagg likes this.
  4. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Women for sure can love who you are. The look, money, status and skills are all part of your character that's directly connected with your personality and will play a factor on how you make her feel. Books that have helped me with life are Letting Go by David Hawkings, The Dhammpada, The Lotus Sutra, and Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

Coub likes this.
  5. Coub

Coub Fapstronaut

This is generalization. I don't say it's wrong but take a look at it in a different angle. All men want a beautiful woman, right? But is being beautiful the only factor? If so, you're kinda... simple man. There's many more factors which are as important as appearance. It doesn't mean that she shouldn't care about her beauty and vice versa: we, men, shouldn't ignore our status, power, looks, money, skills but one who cares only about that and a woman that is attracted only by that... are both poor, simple people. That's super poor thinking.
    I agree with @Mob Barley.

muhagg likes this.
  6. No book! Just taking action

jcl1990 likes this.
  7. nfpexperiment

Books can help you to avoid some mistakes, you realize them more quickly with books. They say teachers or book can help you improve faster than trial and error by yourself. Books/Teachers and action is the best approach I suppose.

muhagg likes this.
  8. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

How important is a woman's status, money, power and skills to you though?

Let's say you have two women, A and B.

Woman A is really attractive and fun/nice to be around but she works in a small shop earning a low wage and no one really knows her.

Woman B is average looking and quite boring but she's a high-power business woman with great wealth, a number of degrees, a high status within her field and the entire neighbourhood knows and respects her.

Which appeals more to you as a man?

This is where the dating imbalance starts because I'd say the vast, vast majority of men would pick woman A, men generally couldn't really care less about all the other guff, it means nothing to them. Change the example to Man A and B though and I imagine the result would be a lot different.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  9. Books won’t help you get dates bro. Putting yourself out there and taking action is the only alternative.
    Knowing everything about dating is useless. It’s far more better not to know everything, taking action and just living your life.

in the end books only reinforces the idea that you are not enough, that you’re missing something. Because coaches are good at letting you know that you have a problem.
    It’s just à marketing strategy :

see : Here’s how it should be done. You’re not there yet, so if you buy my book you will have the solution.

Relationships with women are not about knowing, the brain. It’s about feeling, authenticity, guts. That’s it.

You will learn what you have to learn through action. Failing. Doing things wrong. But rejection will always be there no matter how « good » you are. You are your best coach. I think it’s also important to surround yourself with guys who approach women if you want to get better

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2022
    jcl1990 and Mob Barley like this.
  10. MementoMori22

MementoMori22 Fapstronaut

I disagree with the notion that books are not helpful. In fact, there is a paradox in the very argument of "don't read books, just do the following X Y and Z"—books (the right books) also have X Y and Z, explained in detail. If you feel completely lost as to how to go about dating and getting your shit together for it, I would recommend Models by Mark Manson. This one book can be finished in a weekend and follows very much the lines of "be authentic, it's about feeling not thinking, be courageous" etc.

Having said that, I agree that knowledge alone is useless. You must apply what you learn. Overcoming fear of taking action is another thing covered in the book.

A simple rule that can avoid leaning on the "I need to learn more first" excuse:
    Once you finish the next book on dating that you read, you must apply it as fully as possible before you can read another dating book.

This is something I myself could benefit from following :rolleyes:

11. I agree with what you say but :

- If you action regularly you’ll realize you don’t really need books. You’re already learning by your own. And if you hang out with friends who also approach women, you can receive feedback. It’s even better

- at some point you can allow yourself to be you. With your strenghts and flaws. Without any intellectualization or pickup strategies

Since I stopped reading books. And still taking action every day, I never felt so free, and myself.

MementoMori22 likes this.
  12. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

The book that helped me out of PMO addiction: George Collins' Breaking the Cycle.

skybrowser likes this.
  13. God and prayer. High belief and the effort to not give up. :)

Mob Barley and JoeinUSA like this.
  14. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

This was also major for me!!!! And still is - it's the only thing that sustains my ongoing sobriety.

整列するおとこ likes this.

15. It's more of like a book that's being written inside you're mind.

JoeinUSA likes this.