1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish I never knew about Christianity

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

2. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

If we want to resurrect this thread, I would like to share some more insight on Genesis 19. There are two things Atheists bring up to attack the passage.
    1: How could Lot have offered his daughters to be raped?
    2: Why does the Bible show Lot being raped by his daughters?
    Do you see the connection? The reason the Bible talks about this is because Lot is getting what he wanted his daughters to have. He offered his daughters to be raped, but he got the reverse instead. This is actually showing justice in a sense.

3. hhh999

hhh999 Fapstronaut

I stopped believing in God, when I realized that, a loving and truly good God wouldn't punish me or be angered or upset if I allowed myself to ask honest questions about his existence. When I started to ask myself questions about him, I realized that there wasn't really any evidence or logical reason to believe in him. At this point, I realized that the only reason I had believed in God for so many years was the fear that allowing myself to think critically about his existence would be morally wrong. In hindsight, it feels laughable - how did I allow such an obvious untruth, such as religion, consume so much of my life?