1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap effect on loneliness after completing

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Retarted, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Retarted

Retarted Fapstronaut

Does successfully achieving nofap, help with the feeling of loneliness, or does it get stronger, anyone who experienced this? (I only saw posts of ppl reporting feeling lonely during the challenge, not after)
    This would ve my main motivater to complete nofap.
    If it would reduce my craving for human contact

NF SINCE BIRTH and add eddie like this.
  2. add eddie

add eddie Fapstronaut

Hi buddy,
    I am in the recovery process myself. But i think that Nofap is just a tool. I think you need to work on other areas of your life to get rid of loneliness. And i also think that Nofap is useful because it helps you realize your problems. I mean now that you know that you feel lonely you could just look up in the Internet to find healthy ways to deal with your loneliness and stick to them.
    Stay hopeful my friend.

fusion47 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  3. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Short answer, yes. It benefits you by making you feel more passionate about things. Lack of passion causes one to get bored which leads to stimulating yourself through drugs, alcohol, video games, tv and of course masturbation. Over a course of time these distractions can make you feel worthless. Loneliness is not so much about being alone but more about having no value when you're alone. You can be alone and still feel important but you need to have passion.

fusion47, JLD and add eddie like this.
  4. It doesnt exactly work like that. Nofap in itself doesnt cure loneliness. You will however learn to deal with loneliness in healthier ways. PMO is a form of self medication. When you stop running from your problems, you end up facing your emotions and that is when you can actually work out a solution.

When I get an urge, the first impulse is to relapse. When that no longer is an option I may hit the gym, socialize or meditate instead. After a while you just auto reject the urges and choose to do something productive instead.

Feeling lonely is a sign that you arent happy with your social life. Nofap doesnt magically fix your life situation but when you stop self medicating, you will find alternative ways of solving the problem.

5. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

Just trust in the process and try it. You won't regret it, for sure ;)
    good luck!

fusion47 and add eddie like this.
  6. Retarted

Retarted Fapstronaut

Thank you guys

add eddie likes this.
  7. Hello there,

To answer your question, I think it ultimately boils down to the individual. I certainly felt lonely when I began this journey, but luckily I have wonderful friends that have been there every step of the way. I even made one or two from this forum, who I speak to regularly.

In all honesty, I think that's the ultimate solution (at least it was for me). Having or finding valuable friends to spend time with is never easy; most people aren't genuine, especially in Western culture, where we are trained to be fake for the sake of our reputation or being professional. Still, one thing I've learned is that addicted people tend to isolate themselves, resulting in a reduced amount of time interacting with other people.

One of my friends taught me to befriend people who will raise you higher. What she meant was associate with people who inspire you to become better. Unfortunately, we have to find those people ourselves, and learn to be a good judge of character. I'm fortunate to have met such people already (even though I can count them on one hand).

You mentioned a craving for human contact. That craving is part of nature, and it's there for a reason. We all need human companionship, but the key is finding the right kind. The kind that can make us better and not worse; inspire us to improve and not plateau or regress.

I hope all of this helps, and I wish you well on your journey.

add eddie likes this.
  8. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

whether or not you still feel lonely, you will be in a better position of mental and physical health...

add eddie likes this.