1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating Results After Self-Improvement?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by DuckofDeath, Feb 15, 2024.

1. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

I asked a girl out yesterday and was rejected. This rejection stung because I thought I had a lot of chemistry with her, so I went in feeling very confident that I would get a date.

I've been on a years long self-improvement journey, in terms of my fitness, career, finances, and social life. It feels like my life is bearing fruit in each of those areas and I've grown into a man I can be proud of. Overall, its been a huge success.

That said, I haven't had a single relationship in that time, and absolutely minimal dating of any kind. And the last time I asked a woman out prior to yesterday I was also rejected.

I didn't think self-improvement would turn my love life into a cakewalk. But I did think it would make things at least noticeably easier.

Any advice or similar experiences?

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  2. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

How much time do you have since the last time you acted out to PMO?

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  3. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

4. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Dating can be a numbers game, you may have to ask out many women or go on many dates before you find the right woman for you.
    Women like confidence in a man. When you ask a woman out, act like you are the best man in the room. Ultimately you will be the best man in the room to the right woman.

5. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Try and get to 250+ days.. 40 is just a start..

Be Inspired and DuckofDeath like this.
  6. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

Excellent point. Approaching more women would boost my chances.

7. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

What's your longest streak?

8. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Longest ever streak was 94 days

9. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

After 40 days you probably have not even started going through the PAWS or the flatline symptoms.

I keep hearing over and over to get a year of continuous abstinence before starting to date. I believe that's the minimum.

selfimprovement2024 likes this.