1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice would be appreciated!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Life enjoyer, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Life enjoyer

Life enjoyer Fapstronaut

So I’m a 17 year old and have been prone masturbating since 12, but recently I stopped and have been improving! I took up a sport at school and there are workouts we have to do but this one exercise called “Nordic curls” and that requires you to drop down until your stomach touches the ground and I’m anxious to do this because I’ve masturbated by whole life laying on my stomach but I know I’ll have too lay on it at some point during life but I’m scared to do so and I’ve avoided laying on it so much already but I want to know what you guys think about this

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I say just keep doing what you're doing. Getting exercise is important, but masturbation is not. Besides, masturbating can be done in a variety of positions.

3. Life enjoyer

Life enjoyer Fapstronaut

I get your point, but there’s still a part of me which is scared to lay on their stomach in general because like I said in my post that’s how I masturbated my entire life almost and being in the same position just during exercises makes me nervous thinking I’m edging or something since my D touches the ground or floor.

4. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

You're right to be cautious, since our bodies have an incredible sense of memory. When we assume a certain pose at a certain time or in a certain mindset, our body often assumes it's to perform a certain function.

It may be useful to say to yourself as you get into the position to start the curls, "this is for exercise and only for exercise." You may even need to say it to yourself repeatedly as you perform the movements. Your body may initially go into arousal mode, but should quickly understand your new intentions and adjust accordingly.

And, of course, if you stop using that position for M, your body will understand that you now only use that position or series of muscle movements to exercise, not for anything else. It may take a while to get into the swing of things, but it will happen eventually. All the best to you :emoji_thumbsup:

Enginakos and Life enjoyer like this.