How do I control my urges especially in the night? Usually I end up masturbating but I want to stop

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Roadman08, May 3, 2024.

1. Roadman08

Roadman08 New Fapstronaut

Every time I wake up in the night I get these massive urges and start thinking of girls I saw at school and then masturbate, happens almost every night. Anyone with any advice pliz

Rocky Mountain likes this.
  2. Life enjoyer

Life enjoyer Fapstronaut

Focus the urges on different thoughts like assignments, sports, happy memories, goals for why you do NoFap, etc! you got this and keep up the good work and learn from these mistakes my friend :)

Zman99 and Meshuga like this.
  3. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Another thing you can think about is why you’re thinking about these girls & why you want to M. “Because I need S” or “Because I’m an addict” are too simplistic. It’s like asking why the Earth is round; “because it is” or “because God made it that way” aren’t good enough, there’s no satisfaction in those answers. You want to M because you want to feel good, you want to feel good because you’ve not felt good enough throughout the day, what are the things that made you feel bad, what can you do next time to avoid, or counteract the bad feelings that aren’t M’ing… being proactive about your thought life and your life in general are good things you can legitimately feel good about, and will get your mind off M’ing besides.

Zman99 likes this.
  4. Zman99

Zman99 Fapstronaut

Be aware that you don’t really need to mo and sit with the urge. What doesn’t feel like? Is it that bad to not do anything? Is the the feeling going to cause you pain? For me it’s just an empty bored feeling. Have you listened to the Power of Now?

5. cutegurl

cutegurl Fapstronaut

Hello I know how you feel it's crazy

Zman99 likes this.
  6. ThePerspicacious

ThePerspicacious Fapstronaut

I can relate, I remember once I had very strong urges, a group of good friends of mine called me and we went camping for 4 days, I felt really good, it was fun, the experience and being in nature and discovering new things, the urge completely disappeared after a the first day, I felt that I am a non addict for 3 days, it was impossible for me to watch p, why, because I felt good, I felt good about myself and I had a good day.

Zman99 and Meshuga like this.
  7. ThePerspicacious

ThePerspicacious Fapstronaut

That is true again, when I spend a productive day, working for hours and doing everything that I am supposed to do, when I don't have any work left, or any tasks that I should be doing avoided, I almost never watch p these kind of days when I feel good about myself, procrastinating leads to stress, stress leads to anxiety and low self esteem, when you have low self esteem, there is a high chance of relapsing, when you have high self esteem, it's very hard to relapse

Rocky Mountain and Meshuga like this.
  8. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

This happens to me every night too.
    I even end up hugging and kissing my pillow, it's patheticand I want to stop.
    This is a hard issue to fix in my experience, and it's only at night... I wish I could help you, but I'm trying to kick the habit too. How does your daily routine look? Are you really tired at the end of the day, or do you still have a bit of energy?