1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Started to work out.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BuckDoe63, Jan 25, 2016.

1. BuckDoe63

BuckDoe63 Fapstronaut

I created a workout for myself..... boy am I out of shape. :rolleyes:

I put on some good music to Rocky clips, then go a round on a punching bag, stretch, do weight training, then dance to some good Carman music.

Been doing it for about 3 weeks now. Pushing on..... and on.....∞

2. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

Good for you. Keep pushing through. Just remember your goals. I'm not sure what you mean by 'out of shape', but if you mean overweight then remember cardio and a good diet are much more important that weight training.

Good luck :)

DS.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Yep I'm back on board too.
    I got myself a fibit last month and it's been an eye opener. It's shown me how easy it is to build in some decent exercise within my daily schedule. Like building in extra walking distances starts to add up quickly. (I now always park on the far side of a parking lot anywhere I go, always take the stairs etc.) And walking my dog in this hilly area actually gets me a better cardio workout than on the treadmill... ( i guess on the treadmill I roll back the grade to quickly whereas there is nothing much to do with a hill other than soldier on :D ) Anyway I am managing to walk nearly 10 miles a day with these tricks and I'm seeing and feeling the benefits

4. BuckDoe63

BuckDoe63 Fapstronaut

Actually research has shown that weight training is just as important, if not more important than cardio. But yes eating right needs to coincide with the workout. Yes I'm overweight, but that is the miner problem. The bigger one is that I feel like a ran 3 marathons just going up the stairs. The cardio part of my work out is dance. I last about 3 min, and I feel like I am going to die. Yet that is not even the biggest problem. It takes me almost all day to recover from 3 min of cardio. But I am confidant that as I press through, that times will get longer, and the recover will get shorter.

By the way, I also walk 15 to 20 miles a day with many bends and lifts at work.

5. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

Sounds great. I wish I had access to a punching bag!

6. BuckDoe63

BuckDoe63 Fapstronaut

Found both of mine at the thrift store for a couple of dollars.

7. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

Yep, I agree with you, but I was just stressing the importance of burning calories. Weight training definitely helps but I think it is better to have it in conjunction with cardio. You seem to be doing things right, so keep going :).

DS.

BuckDoe63 likes this.