ideas needed

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by csharpie179, Feb 19, 2016.

1. csharpie179

csharpie179 Fapstronaut

hi any tips or ideas for hobbies and things to do to improve oneself thanks

2. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

Hey welcome to Nofap! Personally I started working out and exercising. Changed the way I eat. So that's some of the things I've changed in my life along with quitting PMO

3. ChiHov

ChiHov Fapstronaut

Work on your body: exercise, eat healthfully, spend time outside in the sun
    Work on your mind: meditate, write 750 words a day (3 pages), be with friends and family
    Work on your soul: clean your home, nest your room, develop routines

4. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

They've mentioned mainly to exercise.

Aside for nofap. Have a goal..

Example:
    Weight loss, body transformation, etc.

5. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Go to the library, browse around, register, draw a few books like "how-to guides". Cooking? Woodworking? Canoeing/fishing/hiking/mountain biking.
    Martial arts?

There is many books on personal improvement as a person, some are better than others. Meet people, without the expectation to date...
    Are you working or a student? Finding a job often helps to meet people, earn money to later be able to spend on hobbies.

6. [​IMG]

Sitting in Ma Bu, everyday, for 15 minutes to a half hour staying as close to 90 degrees as I can.

I suppose that may not be much of a hobby for some folks, so another one is fitness.

I have a Fuji Newest 3.0 road bike that I rip around town on, take it to trails and such. Looking forward to making some more money so I can upgrade to a higher end bike. But lol I hate the spandex biker's gear, would never race or wear tights haha, I just love to ride hard and fast in regular loose fitting clothes and stuff. Anyways too many minor details, eh? Hahah sry.

Being an addicted person, whom has not fully recovered yet, I cannot get enough serotonin from cardio, and so I am also a trail hound. I rip those trails up on foot like a hungry wolf chasing his last meal ever.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  7. What is this 'nesting' your room you speak of? :D

8. ChiHov

ChiHov Fapstronaut

I guess it really is a maternal term, my partner says I'm a nester. I mean to arrange a room in a way that is aesthetic, comfortable, and homey. Over a month, the furniture in my bedroom or living room may migrate several times while I try to find the best place for everything to make the best room to be in.

9. Cool I need to straighten things up around my pad. This kind of sounds like feng shui.

Do you have a background in feng shui at all? Might read up on some feng shui actually and start nesting today :)

10. ChiHov

ChiHov Fapstronaut

No, I don't have any knowledge of feng shui, but I guess they would be similar. I go with my gut, some setups are just wrong -- only by experimenting can you find the ones that are just right. Give it a try, refreshing your home will seriously help your mood and it may unblock things that will surprise you. Last year, my girlfriend and I lived in a studio together. We were at each others throats until I moved the sofa away from the bed. The change in space, the new flow of energy was a huge step in de-escalating our situation.