1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a bad temper

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Namekian23, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Lately the last couple of weeks have been very difficult for me. I just got out of college and I'm looking for work. I live with my parents and my love life is not the best. I'm not happy with my life, and I'm trying to move out, but can't because I can't find a fucking job. Last Christmas, I was supposed to hook up with the girl of my dreams, only to find out that she has chosen another guy over me.

Besides completing school, which was the only thing that was good, there were a few bad things that happened including being turned down from several job interviews, more stress, being terminated from my internship, and so on. The other problem is that I have a pretty bad temper when things go wrong or when things don't work out. I've have this problem since I was 10, and I'm worried about it.

Outside my home, I try to be a good person, and for the most part I am. I'm very kind to my coworkers, friends, and other people that I care about. But they don't know the rage that I carry in me. It's scary sometimes, and it would always happen at home because that's where it's most comfortable. If people knew how angry I was really was, they would be appalled. I punched the wall and broke my hand more times than I could count, and I've screamed to the point my lungs give out.

The reason I'm saying this now is that I might have another episodes (which I haven't had in 12 month). Sometimes, I just can't control my anger, and it's due to all the things I have to deal with in my life. It's scary when I get mad. I don't like it, but it's the only way I can release some tension. As of now, I'm just talking a lot of bullshit...I'm just really in a bad mood. Everyone else seems happier while I'm not.

DannyCool likes this.
  2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

3. Get a job where you aren't around people. Something like stock room work, janitorial services, maybe even delivery driving. Be honest with your hiring manager about your temper, but assure him or her that it's something you're working on. The hardest part of getting a job is the hunt. Once you've gotten it, though, it should be smooth sailing. Also, don't be picky. You may believe a degree puts you above others. But to most businesses, you're just a rookie that needs to learn the ropes. Be humble. Be punctual. Have faith. And keep searching for that perfect job.

4. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

that's probably the effect of perfectionism. sometimes i have that rage too. kill someone to watch them suffer make me feel so good. meh that was bad. but i did admit i had that thought. it was scary that when someone make me mad, i just want them to die. sad.