1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be confident on the dance floor

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zbaca7, May 8, 2016.

1. Zbaca7

Zbaca7 Fapstronaut

I will go hang at a kickback with some friends and they will all dance. I will just sit there because to be quite frank i have no rhythm haha. How do you guys be confident when dancing and what moves do you use?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Mate I don't have the slightest ounce of good dance moves in me - but that's the thing, you don't have to. Dancing is a bit like jamming on guitar, or sex - the best way to do it is just to completely let go, and go wild with it.

The trick when you get on the dancefloor is just to completely not give the slightest damn about what anyone else thinks. How do YOU want to move? No matter how weird or crazy you think it might seem - do IT! The goal is to be having the most fun you can have.

When you do that, something strange happens.. Suddenly you can have the cheesiest dad-dance on the floor, and other people are joining in with you. Why? Because they see how much fun you're having, and they want a part of that.

So just let go, go wild, and focus on your own enjoyment - and you won't have anything to be self conscious about, because everyone loves someone who's having fun!

3. SiuLong

SiuLong Fapstronaut

I agree. Try not to feel self-conscious and focus on the fun you're having! You're moves might not be the most impressive, but as long as you're really giving it all... Well you'll have a good time and so will the people around you.
    People MIGHT still make unpleasant remarks. If they're strangers, fuck'em jealous bastards! If they're friends, maybe they're just teasing you and it shouldn't be a big deal either.

Enjoy your night! :D

4. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

It's very simple. Just be comfortable with yourself on the dance floor and you will naturally look and feel more confident - it's basically the difference between knowing what you're doing or just pretending to know - so don't worry too much about moves. I know this is a very cliché answer to dealing with confidence but it is genuinely the only way; when you just shut out ur mind completely, move to the music and smile, people will see you're having a good time. Ask yourself, when u see someone dancing 'silly', but they appear to be having the time of their life, does it look strange to you? Do you judge that person for having fun? Besides, everyone who seems to be having fun has a natural 'screw what others think' kinda vibe and THAT is what your approach should be. In terms of moves, just relax your body and move to the beat and don't concentrate or focus to hard on what the next move should be - have fun on the dance floor, that's what it's all about!

5. elpamfael

elpamfael Fapstronaut

I have the same issue, no rhythm and as a consequence no confidence on the dancefloor. Since recently expermenting with meditation I've come to notice that I've always been in my head too much and not enough in the present moment and being present in my body. I think this might be the reason why I didn't have rhythm. So now I've continued meditation and during daily life when I catch my mind wandering I gently bring it back to the present moment and enjoy that moment. I will try this next time on the dancefloor as well. I've aways been paying too much attention to the lyrics of a song and the surrounding in a party. Now I will try to focus on feeling the beat and letting go.