1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Culture shock since I started dating

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by himmelstoss, Jun 15, 2016.

1. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Coming from /r/theredpill I didn't like women, didn't trust them, and only wanted to fuck them to prove I could. Trp had some good points about not being clingy but according to them women were always looking for a better deal, sorting men into castes based entirely on what they could get out of them, and dating was like disarming a bomb. Then I actually started dating (with the help of good looking loser, a site I consider the real redpill). So far I haven't dated a woman I didn't like, including the one who catfished me, and while I offer to pay for the date every time they rarely take me up on it (and the one who did brought weed) I'm still not comfortable with the idea of settling down with one woman and probably never will be but I like being around them and..well, am I missing something?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Good stuff. But never say never. You might meet somebody that makes a lot of sense to you, compatible, etc...
    But all in all good to hear!

3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

A little late for that now that I'm sterile :p

4. You bought into all this internet "red pill" other people's malformed opinions bollocks without having life experience of your own with women to gauge with. You found out the vast majority of it is useless barmy shite now based on your personal experiences.

The same will apply with regards to "settling down with one". Your opinions based on no personal experience and information will change. Meet 'the one', mate, and watch how fast your "settling down" ideas morph.

5. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

You don't need kids to find a good life partner.
    As for being sterile, I'm part of that club. snipped and cauterized. no way back here.

6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

7. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

The gold diggers seem pretty easy to avoid, plus I don't really have much to steal. The main reason I don't want to settle down is because I didn't get to do anything fun in my 20s and most of them did.

I still think there's a lot of men who never, ever get to explore their sexuality (among other things) they just spend their school years hitting the books, then work long hours trying to scrape together a nest egg so the can settle down with the first woman they date. No thanks.

8. VexedCoffee

VexedCoffee Fapstronaut

How old are you btw?

9. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

29 and still looking at a life of dead end jobs

10. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

@himmelstoss : easy? man i need ur help. i think i'm being victim of her. she didn't ask for my money, but i mindlessly give her what i think would make her happy. and she smiles after i do that. that smile was gorgeous, but i have a feeling that i pay to buy her smile which makes me feel so bad. the more i feel happy with her, the more lonely i feel inside. so insecure

11. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

tell her you can't afford it for a week and see what happens I guess. I need more details (and probably experience)

12. LakeMichigan

LakeMichigan Fapstronaut

Guys,
    This thread may be in the wrong section. Women's section here means female fapstronauts discuss their problems not guys discussing issues relating to dating and opposite sex.. perhaps this thread may belong to either relationships or offtopic?

13. Catbert

Catbert Fapstronaut

Agree totally.

14. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I wanted to talk to the women about it but yeah this is a better place for the thread

15. VexedCoffee

VexedCoffee Fapstronaut

I think you have a bigger problem ( getting a job you're happy with), you might want to fix before considering settling down.

16. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

That's going to be quite an undertaking. There's a reason why players (or wannabe players) consider location-independent income the holy grail