1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't live my life because I don't have a gf and need help

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Islanders190, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I wasny exactly sure where to post this so my apologies if its written in the wrong forum.
    I'm relazing that for a majority of my life that Is that I don't live my life because I don't have a girl. let me break it down. I think part of the reason I keep relaping is due to this. I can go a week or two weeks and few days of being sober then I relapse. Im wanting to download dating apps because I want to meet women. I drink alcohol and blow my money in bars, eat like crap, don't go to the gym no more, play video games etc I can go on and on. I'm able to break the habit like I said for 1 or 3 weeks but then I go back into my old habits. it's like what's the point of taking care of myself and doing nofap if I don't have a women in my life or no prospects. I feel like I won't start living my life and taking care of myself UNTIL I get a girl.it's like I have my life on hold and I'm doing all these crap stuff to my body. I know this is a problem and I'm hoping I can get some feedback from others here. I'm 25 btw

2. Maybe if you lived your life solely for your own benefit and betterment, you would find a girl and then have a healthy relationship with said girl, instead of the dependent relationship train wreck you're setting yourself up for in the future.

The simple conclusion is you don't stick with these things because you don't value yourself.

F50C137YZ likes this.
  3. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I been through 2 destructive relationships one I'm still recovering from 3 years ago.I'm now trying to live my life for my sole benfit just don't know how to since all I knew was what I've already been doing
    UOTE="Stand & Fight, post: 637456, member: 93584"]Maybe if you lived your life solely for your own benefit and betterment, you would find a girl and then have a healthy relationship with said girl, instead of the dependent relationship train wreck you're setting yourself up for in the future.

The simple conclusion is you don't stick with these things because you don't value yourself.[/QUOTE]

Stand & Fight likes this.
  4. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I used to attend coda meetings mostly phone meetings coda stands for codependents anonymous it's a 12 step like aa or saa or slaa I think it's time for me to start attending meetings again.
    How's are you handling the breakup ??

5. I also believe we attract people who match how we feel and treat ourselves. I didn't appreciate myself and so I attracted a women who likewise didn't appreciate herself. She couldn't give me what she didn't have and I couldn't give her what I didn't have. By you working toward this goal you will attract a like minded woman who you won't need to appease because she will appreciate you as you appreciate yourself and vice verses for her.

WarriorScarr likes this.
  6. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

Honestly man you need time to heal. I heard this in a podcast and I truly believe in it. when you break up with someone you need TIME AWAY FROM THEM. that means deleting them and blocking them on social media sites and also not contacting them and seeing them in person. because if you keep seeing her man your only going to keep hurting more and more. you should journal about the relationship also. what went right and what wentvwrong. journal about the good and the bad things you did and she did and also journal about yours and her part on why the relationship ended. the podcasts said at least 6 month away is what you need when a breakup happens you have to treat them like they are dead. I see how your situation is,different though because you and her kids have bonded which complicates things. all I can say is you need time to heal that needs to be your number one prioty. and you have to accept the fact that when your spending time with the kid that she may be with a guy etc. I wish I had the perfect advice for you but I don't. I would say that her and her child are a package deal that since the relationship is over that also means the relatanionship with the son to but that's me and I never been in that situation before. if you do though decide to move on and heal maybe down the road 6 months to a year from now you can start bonding with her kid again. because right now your still reeling from the breakup and it wouldn't be fare to the kid. breakups suck bro they really fucking do ....

7. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

Hopefully she talked to him and explained the situation in a way that shows that its,not there fault. as mother that's her job

8. Seems like for you girls are more important than oxygen in life, no girl no life, come on mate, there is whole world outside there , when you get desperate for something na you always get wrong, better calm down and focus on life...
    Try on improving yourself day by day, when you are something good in life you will get someone you deserve, else the fate of past relationship may repeat on again on again i.e. heartbroken..
    Dont try to fill your life with guilt, its hard to live with that...there is never late for right thing to do, all you need is just to take a step to get out of your fantasy world,girls are important but critical in life.
    Start voluntary work, make some friends and get socialize with peoples, fill your "girl-part" of your brain with other things....

WarriorScarr likes this.
  9. Jordi1872

Jordi1872 New Fapstronaut

It's vital you take care of yourself because no girl will do it for you bro. Never rely on others for happiness, you have to find it within yourself. Hit the gym and spend your money on worthwhile things like improving your look which'll boost your confidence. Think positive, better yourself each day and eventually the right girl will find you.

10. Don't start living your life until some external circumstance, like having a gf, is met. Life is too short to wait to live. Enjoy your life now. Now is the only moment you have.

vibemaker and MrCharacter like this.
  11. lantti

lantti Fapstronaut

Listen this

And then get that girlfriend;)

vibemaker likes this.