1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Surrounded By People But Feeling Isolated

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by spartanroma2800, Dec 26, 2016.

1. spartanroma2800

spartanroma2800 Fapstronaut

Do you guys ever get that feeling where you are surrounded by your friends/people yet you still feel very lonely? I've been feeling this way lately and idk why.

D . J . and Tripp2 like this.
  2. Tripp2

Tripp2 Fapstronaut

All the time. Its the worst. Idk about the specifics of your situation but I'm a fairly poor city kid, attending a pretty expensive college with all these well off, out of state/international students who've had better public schooling, more resources and all the advantages that money can buy. So it mostly comes from always feeling out of place and a little inferior skill wise for me...

comet612, spartanroma2800 and D . J . like this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

One of the worst feelings is feeling alone on a crowded room. Often times it comes from a place of shame or inadequacy, hurt or not feeling others understand your pain or situation. It can seem as though the world around you has forgotten about you although they are right in front of you. I struggle with these emotions myself but I have come to realize there is at least one person there that is on your side, unfortunately you have to reach out to them because on the outside, you appear fine, you have masked your fears so well that although it looks obvious to know that there is a problem, others don't see it as you do. @spartanroma2800, you reached out to us so it is in you to reach out to others. @Tripp2, you acknowledged the feelings and even discovered the cause now seek those that will help give you a sense of belonging there. They exist, you may have to see what may be right in front of you but you must look up or forward to see them.

spartanroma2800 likes this.
  4. dmanslide

dmanslide Fapstronaut

Your situation compares to mine exactly. Im broke going to an expensive city college filled with foreign students who can afford it. I try to find with ppl who I can relate to and have the same kinda vibe I have, friends come easier that way. Doing nofap lets me be more a positive guy towards them and open up.

D . J . likes this.