1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

pre-work out drinks and caffiene

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by change_my_life, Feb 13, 2017.

1. change_my_life

change_my_life Fapstronaut

To the people who go gym and use prework outs do u feel depressed and have anxiety after takin preworkouts? As well as PMO i think high amount of caffiene can cause depression and anxiety and ocd.....

2. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Different pre-workouts have had vastly different effects on me. As a sufferer of severe ADHD, I find caffeine to be very helpful. Most PWO's make me feel jittery to the point that I wont take them. However, Cellucor's C4 has the opposite effect on me, almost ritalin-esque. I stick with and love it. I have never had to take more than 2 scoops in a day, and I dont seem to build up any tolerance to it.

3. change_my_life

Ive heard caffeine brings up the fight or flight mode up real quick?! And it can make you difficult to interact with people..

4. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Caffiene does cause one of our "fight or flight" hormones cortisol to be produced. It has different effects on different people.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    change_my_life likes this.
  5. change_my_life

Can it make anxiety worse?

6. Cortisol is stress hormone. So yes... caffeine has potential to trigger anxiety in people who are no good with such things.