1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Addicted to Smoking Pot

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by THEBEATPOLICE, Jun 21, 2017.

1. THEBEATPOLICE

THEBEATPOLICE Fapstronaut

I am addicted to this as well.

I can't tackle both issues at once they are both deep addictions, I am going for noFAP before noGanja at this time.

Was just wondering if anyone else is in this boat.

2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I'm so glad to see this thread. I can't tell you how many people have said to me, "you can't be addicted to pot." It's infuriating, and so unfair to the people who really struggle with it.

I've been in SAA for a few years now, and a lot of the guys have dealt with other addictions. Without exception, 100% have said that quitting substances was much easier than quitting their compulsive sexual behaviors.

Jimb0 likes this.
  3. I am mostly pro-weed, think it has some amazing mental and medical properties, but yes, it can be addictive, like lots of other things. For me I've used alcohol, cigarettes and PMO to fill certain voids...pot luckily never consumed me.
    @AM141 and @THEBEATPOLICE I would recommend quitting them simultaneously, since addictions often play off eachother. You dont wanna up one to compensate the other.

I am working on quitting P and severly cutting back booze and no recreational pot for my reboot. I used it to either sleep or excessive soreness (as I dont like OTCs).
    P is probably the hardest being most convient at the weak moments so goal is to not create any more of them with other substances.

4. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

Hehe main reason I quit. It like a tug of war has taken place. My love energy is battling my lust energy. The lust energy feels so good and almost like estacy. It's sometime hard to reason with my mind as when I'm on it, I tend to feel very primal and horny to the point where I just want to have sex non-stop. It's not physically addictive but can be mentally. Anything turned to a habit or crutch if used and formed into a lifestyle can be hard to break. I've finally broken the cycle but I'll be back on it once I find a suitable partner who also enjoys marijuana. In all, I think it's a wonder plant that can form deepened intimacy and oxytosin for two lovers.

5. THEBEATPOLICE

Yeah no doubt it has its benefits. But I smoke all day every damn day so that is F**ked. I've had some trauma in my life but it is no excuse anymore, I am too old for all of this shit. my 16-year-old self would not be happy with me of today and I would like to change that.

6. Capt.

Capt. Fapstronaut

Good on you for wanting to quit. I've been in your situation and boy is it tough to get out. But once you do, it's 100% worth it. You'll be able to concentrate & remember things better, have more motivation, be more productive and not to mention your lungs will start to get healthier again.

This will be on top of the superpowers you will obtain through NoFap. However, it wont be easy to get there. When I quit, I was experiencing headaches, nausea, lack of appetite, insomnia, fatigue and depression. It was definitely a tough time for me but everything got much better after a week.

Although I've been able to kick my pot habit, it took me much longer to quit cigarettes (albeit the withdrawls weren't as harsh imo) and I haven't yet been able to call my NoFap journey a success. Good luck guys and stay strong!

7. I'm sorta in the same boat. I hope by addiction you mean more of a mental addiction and that you just like to smoke weed alot. This relates to me but it's more like I could quit weed but I really don't want to, although it's expensive af. But regardless I am tackling nofap and then noweed, if I decide to do so. Nofap is something that is mucchhh more important

8. THEBEATPOLICE

I agree, I just think my super powers won't come in as strong with the weed in my life. The super memory won't be as good that is for sure

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Jimb0

Jimb0 Fapstronaut

I use to be addicted to pot as well. Usually pot led to more fap but fapping was always an addiction of mine before weed. I think you're approaching it the right way. And yes, addiction to sexual behavior is much harder. I can safely say I've been weed free for 4+ years now and I live in LA where its legal. If you have reasons behind your addiction you'll be fine. Mine was that it wasn't helping me with life. Now I enjoy having better mental faculties and energy.

Deleted Account likes this.