Question about chastity...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jake100, Aug 6, 2017.

1. jake100

jake100 Fapstronaut

So, I was thinking about this, and the question is if a male chastity device can be used as a helpful and healthy way to keep myself from M and O.. I've been 10 days without PMO, but the urges are getting stronger everyday...

2. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

It would probably work like it was designed to work. As long as you wore it, you would be chaste. As soon as you took it off, how would you act.
    If there is nothing inside of you that is in control of your actions, you will only be changing what you are in bondage to. It would probably be less physically damaging than PMO, but it will not make you free.

jake100 likes this.
  3. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

What's gonna stop you from taking it off? That just sounds extreme but not logical. Think smaller like removing social media, or cell phone whatever is giving you the urge. If you play video games all day, start doing other things that keep your mind busy.

jake100 likes this.
  4. It could work if you would get a really safe one. Like maybe one that comes with a tight belt that attaches around your hip bones tightly. But most of those things can be just easy pulled off even without a key. They are mainly symbolic. So it's a waste of money. Also, you would need to give keys to somebody else, otherwise what's the point if you can always remove it. Besides, like others have said, it's way more constructive to work on your discipline, awareness of urges and self control instead, which I agree on.

jake100 likes this.
  5. jake100

jake100 Fapstronaut

I really don't stay home all day, I'm in med school, so I'm super busy, but the urges are strong: if I'm studying, I get many hardons in shot periods, if I'm in class, I get boners that won't let me foucus... of course I want my dick to work and get hard, but no as often I guess, just like a regular dude

6. jake100

jake100 Fapstronaut

You guys are right, it wouldn't work as a long term solution...

7. I doubt this would solve it. If anything wearing a thing down there all day would be even bigger reminder for you, since you can feel it all the time. And you would still get erections. They would just be limited within the space of chastity. But you would still feel that pressure and all. So if you think of using it for this purpose then it's even more pointless.

jake100 likes this.
  8. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I actually something like this and lasted less than a day. It was silly. I could see how it would be a fun sex toy, but it really doesn't do anything for NoFap.

jake100 likes this.