1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by N0M0RENasty

1. N0M0RENasty
    N0M0RENasty
    I'm sorry that I disappointed @MuscularSherlockHolmes and @CELIBACY_GUY for failing to complete the "Sesshomaru Sama" title challenge in just 2 days. But I will not give up after having failed. I had no excuse to relapse, yet I did, just because of a lame excuse called "boredom."
    Oct 8, 2018
  2. CELIBACY_GUY
    CELIBACY_GUY
    need not to worry
    Oct 8, 2018
  3. N0M0RENasty
    N0M0RENasty
    Thanks for the continuing support man.
    Oct 8, 2018
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    We never fall into a relapse because of a valid reason to do so, the reason we relapse is because we approach recovery as a logic test : that is, we count the reasons not to continue to PMO and try to use them as motivators.
    Oct 8, 2018
  5. N0M0RENasty
    N0M0RENasty
    Oct 8, 2018
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The problem with this approach is that those motivators start amounting to less and less as urges become more frequent (be it day 2, 20 or even 200), we start to feel lethargic and bored with everything, because 'nothing comes close to the dopamine hit' or at least that is how our addicted brain perceives it.
    Oct 8, 2018
  7. N0M0RENasty
    N0M0RENasty
    I see. I should try and find something rather than nothing to captivate myself with so I don't fall for PMO again.
    Oct 8, 2018
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The crux, imho, to overcoming this vicious cycle, is to realise that we PMO for certain mentally valid reasons (we feel lonely, depressed, anxious, lifeless, unreal), but here's the real kicker : these feelings are only amped up after relapsing, PMO fixes nothing at all, only keeps us trapped in a vicious cycle whilst gradually increasing our mental problems.
    Oct 8, 2018
  9. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    That is why PMO should always be off the table, because it fixes nothing, and breaks down everything even more.
    So since this one dependency doesn't do sh** for us, we now have to target each individual cause for us to PMO, and unravel it, if we feel lonely, talk to somebody. If we're bored, pick out a new hobby, and so on.
    Oct 8, 2018
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    And if we're depressed...know that it will pass, sometimes we need nothing more than just time to ourselves, to simply lie down and think about nothing or whatever we want. Consider your mental needs before your physical impulses, and try to keep yourself healthy on both accounts, God Willing, you will find success. :)
    Oct 8, 2018
  11. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    A man who falls down and gets up is worth my #respect.
    So no worries brother. You don't disappoint me in any way.
    Failure is not fatal and should never be final.
    Keep the Fight Alive!
    Oct 8, 2018
  12. N0M0RENasty
    N0M0RENasty
    Oct 9, 2018