1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by aspiringwriter1997

1. letter
    letter
    *dips a piece of bread in the awesome sauce*

mmm...it really is awesome :o

Aye, writing is quite a gift, isn't it? What kind of work do you like most? From our short interactions, I\m guessing you like the classics?
    Mar 9, 2019
  2. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Hey now, don't take all of the sauce. We've got to save it for more people on here. xP

It is such a beautiful and unique gift. I love short stories and poems the best, though I somehow have more novels and nonfiction books on my shelves. :P I adore modernist writers (Woolf, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, T.S. Eliot, etc), but I also have a great love for the classics- as demonstrated by my bookshelf, lol.
    Mar 9, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    *adds an extra to the awesome sauce*

Now it's extra-awesome sauce, so not only is it extra awesome but there will always be some extra to spare :D
    Mar 9, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    Yeah, I've found short stories to be more idea-centric and bear more depth of thought while novels weigh more heavily on characters and how their relationships mingle with circumstances to make a plot.

And yeah, there is nothing like a good poem, is there?

Do you do any writing yourself?
    Mar 9, 2019
  5. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    *adds an extra to the awesome sauce*

Now it's extra-awesome sauce, so not only is it extra awesome but there will always be some extra to spare :D

I love this so much. ^.^
    Mar 9, 2019
  6. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I particularly adore O. Henry's short stories since they always have a surprise twist to them and I try to do that with my writings. Short stories seem to be better written, in my view, since they flow better and you can sense it being uninterrupted. Novels are the key to a writer's future, but your argument about them took the words out of my mouth.
    Mar 9, 2019
  7. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    And to answer your question, yes, I am a writer and often write as much as I can- when given the chance.
    Mar 9, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    Word-play ftw!!

I've been hearing that novellas may be the next trend in writing. It makes logical sense. A larger story can be split into several shorter pieces, and each shorter piece can be better refined.

Though, I must admit, some novels that bear the depth of thought of the short story through their breadth, ohhhh...those are special
    Mar 9, 2019
  9. letter
    letter
    :) I'll look forward to seeing you around then, I gotta get some sleep. Night! o/
    Mar 9, 2019
  10. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Really? Novellas might be the next best thing? I can see it since you could have one large story or several smaller stories tie together and work in a way that it makes a whole story without the complications of a novel.

And what would those novels be? o:
    Mar 9, 2019
  11. Moon Shot
    Moon Shot
    An interesting exchange of words... hold on, I will be back with soda and popcorn.
    Mar 11, 2019