1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Henryforward

1. vicicool
    vicicool
    Thx. I understand „the dark night of the soul” better now. I never had a deep depression, it looks like it can also be different things, maybe a midlife crisis could be counted as a dark night too? What do you think?
    Nov 13, 2020
    Swazzy 1 likes this.
  2. Henryforward
    Henryforward
    Potentially. But I think it is more related to a season where one is deeply troubled in there soul, that perhaps their beliefs and understanding of existence is brought to question. Ive had it a couple of times and it just feels like God has gone somewhere.
    Nov 13, 2020
    Swazzy 1 likes this.
  3. Henryforward
    Henryforward
    We know he hasn't but it feels dark and empty. One questions if there is something wrong with themselves as to why he seems nowhere to be found.
    Nov 13, 2020
  4. vicicool
    vicicool
    I prayed and asked „where is God“ and answer was „God is in the love“. And it‘s said „Ubi caritas et armor, Deus ibi est“ - „where there is kindness and love, there is God“ - that’s where he can be found. but I understand the feeling it‘s dreadful...in that time God demands huge trust
    Nov 13, 2020
  5. Henryforward
    Henryforward
    I like that. You know in the beatitudes how it talks about love is patient love is kind etc. I've been observing how different individuals portray biblical love. For my mother it's kindness and my father it's patience. But all display love in a different way.
    Nov 13, 2020
    Keli and Swazzy 1 like this.
  6. vicicool
    vicicool
    Yeah that‘s interesting. I heared people say it‘s respect and others say it‘s trust. It‘s probably all of those things and more...maybe we can’t grasp it. I chose to believe that God is Love.
    Nov 13, 2020
    Swazzy 1 and Henryforward like this.