1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Ὀρφεύς

1. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    My family is blind conservatives, my friends are blind liberal progressives. Why everyone oppresses centrism? Why we can't go with golden middle with compassion and understanding? Why do we reject critical rationalism and proclaim that we know? I know nothing except to do what is good.
    Apr 1, 2021
  2. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    Political compass is just a dumb thing.
    Apr 1, 2021
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Why even think about something you have no influence whatsoever? Just keep moving forward, break no laws, care for yourself and your family. That is the way to go.
    Apr 1, 2021
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    centrist gang
    Apr 1, 2021
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Because ,actually, we do have influence on it. Not caring is never the answer indeed.
    You're asking yourself question that goes beyond political and enters in psychology. In the polarization of people.
    Apr 1, 2021
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    In "the safety" that conservative feel in keep on going in the same way of the past. They've been raised like this, so they want the world to be again like this. In "the entitlement" that progressive feel in teaching everyone why everything in this world is bad, racist and homophobic. But what they say. That is good.
    It is in our nature.
    Apr 1, 2021
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Still, there's always a room for improvement. There's always a way to show to conservatives that some progress is going to improve also their lives, and a way to show progressives that just because something comes from the past then it's wrong.
    Apr 1, 2021
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Maybe they will call you switcher, but you know as you said, do what is good. And if you'll do it well enough.
    People around you will change, and will change the people around them.
    And so, by all means, the fact that you didn't give up indeed changed the world.
    Apr 1, 2021
  9. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    Damn, those blocks. I tried to post for the third time, sorry that I am late. xd My countries case shows that education and reasoned argumentation isn't the answer to everything. Even though I would like to agree with you, I trusted this point really much before! There is an ideological and cultural war going on in my homeland. It intensifies, though it remains purely verbal.
    Apr 7, 2021
    aricking, Muhammad Husayn and fg4795 like this.
  10. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    Before it, everyone lived in their social bubbles silently mocking each other. And now for many people, who hold important positions from both camps, I am disappointed. Too sarcastic, too superficial, they aren‘t self-critical. I had to present the book “Fast and Slow Thinking” in a Psychology seminar
    Apr 7, 2021
  11. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    , it is a damn awesome book, it gives a lot of examples of what kind of thinking mistakes we make. So I had an opportunity in the last month to realize how much we really do these mistakes, especially I lol. From household affairs to texts by great philosophers and opinion leaders. I haven’t been following these events on social media for 3 weeks now [logged from FB, feeling amazing,
    Apr 7, 2021
  12. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    it's the second time when I managed to lock so seriously]but I tried to read serious political books from several perspectives as I had 1 week holiday. And it's just much deeper and every small thing touches so much. And yet there are counter-arguments that can firmly refute the argument..
    to express one’s opinion on a particular political issue, it is not enough to read at least 500 pages on a particular subject.
    Apr 7, 2021
  13. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    You also need to check the facts, look for contradictions where you don’t like it. It turns out that FaceBook gangs have spent too much time in my homeland in their social bubbles, convinced of their righteousness.
    So what to do? I guess you are right, the only thing I can do is be an example of tolerance and hope people will take over at least a little bit.
    Apr 7, 2021
  14. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    Tolerance is crucial. In every way. People are tired of this lockdown,maybe it's the reason why political things get so tough nowadays?What I realized is that the truth is really impossible to find in the media. Very very serious research is needed, but I do not have time for that. And of course, at least we Lithuanians lack tolerance in every way.
    Apr 7, 2021
  15. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    I recently encountered such stupid racism in life that wtf. It seems to me that radicals have some kind of psychological problems. :D
    Apr 7, 2021
  16. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Well, the "funny"(actually sad) thing is that you described your country, but I felt like you were describing mine.
    Polarization of politics is something that is happening all over the world. In here it's happening the same thing.
    Apr 8, 2021
  17. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Politics are more concerned about saying why their opponents sucks instead of saying how they would solve the thousands of problems that are affecting us these days.
    Of course you're right, covid and lockdown were a game changer for the worse.
    Apr 8, 2021
  18. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    When faced to risks of dying or not having money, people can really become unreasonable, and the smallest of the problem could be become the "casus belli" even for a civil war.
    In these situations, I am sorry for it, but moral is not fundamental anymore and everyone want just safeness for himself and beloved ones.
    Apr 8, 2021
  19. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    So yes, you should always be aware of the things that are happening, and check the facts. Unfortunately they all are not like you, willing to read books and inform themselves. They prefer to follow the politician X or Y, not based on real facts but on how they would like the facts to be.
    Apr 8, 2021
  20. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The key for being a real example of tolerance altough I strongly believe is happiness. I am seeing it myself with my friends. Because as said you should start from the nearest one so that they will change their nearest ones and so on.
    And when I was trying to impose my arguments, it was not working. I was like them in the end.
    Apr 8, 2021
  21. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Trying to force my idea on them. So again, I was like a politician.
    Then I started to show how my ideas, how my tolerance is making me happy, and they see it.
    They see an happy person. While in the mirror they see an angry and frustrated person. So some of them is even trying it. Asking for suggestions.
    Just be the example of happiness my dear pirate cat.
    And your country will be changed, also because of you ;).
    Apr 8, 2021
  22. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Maybe, I am deluded after all. But I guess that on things so important it is really worth to try anyway with everything you got.
    Apr 8, 2021
  23. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    Honestly, that's a really genuine idea! Yes, I definitely agree with you. If you want to be an example of tolerance, you must first be happy. I wrote this thought in my thoughts TOP. I am amazed that I didn't realize it so well earlier as I needed it. Maybe it won't change the country, but it's the most proactive behavior. :D You are really doing amazing and beautiful work on your friends.
    Apr 9, 2021